FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Getting My New Car.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
SVTGuy02,Feb 25 2008, 11:41 PM Wrote:black fusion... chrome wheels.... tinted windows.... nice drop.......................pure s3x :)
[right][snapback]258760[/snapback][/right]

something like

[Image: asanti_af131_ford_fusion_1.jpg]

?

i'm not to date on the 'tuner' scene by any means but it seems odd to see very expensive big/chrome wheels on a kind of not expensive vehicle.. sort of like.. balla wheels on an escalade or a Range.. ok.. i get it (kinda).. balla wheels on a ford explorer... dont' get it..
naz,Feb 25 2008, 07:53 PM Wrote:... dont' get it..
[right][snapback]258761[/snapback][/right]

Cuz you get to do this? :rolleyes: :P

http://www.focuscanada.net/forum/index.p...opic=23371
naz,Feb 25 2008, 04:53 PM Wrote:[Image: asanti_af131_ford_fusion_1.jpg]

mmmmmmm yummm....... B)

that being said.... who cares howmuhc you paid for the car. If you can make it look good in a clean manner thats all that matters. Obviously if you care about all the little bells n whistles you get from a BMW or Merc, then you gotta spend more than you would on a Ford but in terms of looks, I'd say thats a prety nice lookin ride. :)
^^^yea , i like the way that one stands......baaaalllling
Flofocus,Feb 26 2008, 12:01 AM Wrote:
naz,Feb 25 2008, 07:53 PM Wrote:... dont' get it..

Cuz you get to do this? :rolleyes: :P

http://www.focuscanada.net/forum/index.p...opic=23371
[right][snapback]258762[/snapback][/right]

its not even about that.. (not like those are my vehicles...) guess i just don't feel the whole chrome wheel thing.. the same way some ppl don't feel gold wheels on a subaru
naz,Feb 22 2008, 03:28 PM Wrote:one thing about  haldex AWD that may not matter to you.. when i drove a car with a part time awd setup (forester) i could feel the rear wheels get power and lose power when i was pushing the car around an offramp at the traction limit of the front tires. it was very hard to drive the car smoothly as the power transfer made the weight shift front/back in a way that wasn't intuitive to me.

personally.. i would get AWD with a full time mechanical center diff.. or not bother and get a 2wd car.  i think the loss in predictability is a deal breaker b/c it ruins the vehicle dynamics
[right][snapback]258608[/snapback][/right]

The suspension setup with lower center of gravity should make the car easier to whip around the corners then the Forester, if Im also not mistaken its wider.

You are right though I can also feel the shift of power , but if you ever have the change to get into an AWD Fusion in an empty parking lot or track try to break the back end loose its pretty hard.
Hi all,

Though I haven't had a Focus for 18+ Months now, I can say that I'm switching vehicles again, and I'm staying with Ford.

The big monthly payments, the having only 2 REAL seats, and driving only 6-8 months of the year is making life difficult for me with the Mustang. My truck is also only a 2-seater, and doesn't have a Tonneau cover for the box either, so hauling myself, my misses, and all of our stuff in the cab during the winter or when it's raining is a pain in the butt too.

So, I've been out test driving lots of vehicles. I've looked at both Sedans, Wagons, and Small SUV's, trying to determine what would be the most appropriate replacement for the Mustang. I've driven some Dodge Magnums, Ford Escapes, Edges, Dodge Avengers, etc. The Misses and I have determined that we DON'T need an SUV right now (the old chevy p/u works just fine for how infrequently we need to haul larger items that won't fit in a car), and started looking more seriously at sedans. I'm fine with driving RWD in the inclement weather, but I really don't feel 100% confident in my woman's abilities to drive in the winter (she's put her mom's toyota echo with snow tires into a ditch, spun it 180 degrees on highway 17, etc etc).

We've agreed to stay with a domestic car (all her family owns Toyota's, Lexus' and other Asian cars), and have now decided that we are going to trade in for an 07 SEL V6 AWD Fusion. The AWD model grips a LOT differently than the FWD model...it's more sure footed, and the steering reflexes and handling are fantastic...proof that Ford still knows how to design chasis' and suspensions that work. Now is just a matter of finding one in the colour combination that we are after, and having the dealer get it for us. I want one that's either Black on Black leathers with the Piano Black trim, or an Alloy Metallic with black inside. The misses wants one that's either Redfire Metallic, or Dark Blue Metallic with black inside, so right now, I've got the dealership looking for a low km's lease return blue on black AWD SEL V6. I have to let her have some of the say in the vehicle, as she wants to pay 50% of the monthly payment.

At present, I'm still trying to sell her on the idea of letting me buy the Sports Appearance Package components, and swapping them over (the black chrome grilles for the front and the rims), which the dealership said I can order and purchase from them, and have them change in-house.

I think the Fusion is more car for the money than the Accord and Camry (talking pre-2008 models here folks...not the ones with the big engines and body revisions). It's the closest thing we can purchase to a Mondeo here in Canada, and it'll certainly do the job that I need...a safe, sure footed, entry-luxury sedan with seating for 4 or more people that I can drive year round.

L8tz
naz,Feb 25 2008, 07:53 PM Wrote:?

i'm not to date on the 'tuner' scene by any means but it seems odd to see very expensive big/chrome wheels on a kind of not expensive vehicle.. sort of like.. balla wheels on an escalade or a Range.. ok.. i get it (kinda).. balla wheels on a ford explorer... dont' get it..

you should travel to buffalo sometime. Then you'd get to see all the awesome $500 GMC Jimmies with $12,000 wheels. Nothing says guhahetto like a rustbucket with cut springs and massive spinners!!
Sounds interesting, let us know what you find when you have the car and start using it daily. I'm looking at a second larger car because as practical as the Focus is with just me or a couple of people in it, the poor thing finds itself outclassed loaded to the gills with people & their stuff.

A Fusion is one option and may be the way I go if I have my heart set on AWD (An AWD MKZ would be nice but that's a lotta scratch, even as a lease return...)

Any idea as to additional maintenance required on the Ford AWD system? :unsure:

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Mar 18 2008, 03:48 PM Wrote:Sounds interesting, let us know what you find when you have the car and start using it daily.  I'm looking at a second larger car because as practical as the Focus is with just me or a couple of people in it, the poor thing finds itself outclassed loaded to the gills with people & their stuff.

A Fusion is one option and may be the way I go if I have my heart set on AWD (An AWD MKZ would be nice but that's a lotta scratch, even as a lease return...)

Any idea as to additional maintenance required on the Ford AWD system? :unsure:

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]260160[/snapback][/right]
Lease return out of THE USA FTW!!!!

Just wait another year or so and the prices for the AWD will be in the low 20's for an AWD MKZ.
Quote:The AWD model grips a LOT differently than the FWD model...it's more sure footed

where the two models of fusion using the same wheels and tires? are there subtle changes to the suspension (damper compression/rebound rate, spring rate, etc)? a change in drive train layout by itself isn't going to give you more traction in cornering or braking.

the only time AWD helps you is when you are hitting the gas (most noticeable going up snowy hill or exiting a very tight corner with big throttle application in the wet)

all i'm saying is make sure you fully understand what the AWD tech is giving you before you pony up the extra dollars for it (initial up front cost, maintenance, and slight fuel econ penalty). you might find that a FWD car with better tires (snow tires in the winter) will suit you just fine. (especially if you don't frequently go up snowy hills)

Quote:Any idea as to additional maintenance required on the Ford AWD system?

not a 100% sure sine i don't have an AWD ford.. but i suspect based on general experience with awd you will have to change the gear oil a bit more frequently than in a fwd car.. especially you are really wail on the car. (ie i change gear oil every 15k miles in my sube)

the only other awd related thing that many people don't realize up front is that tire rotating diameter has to be match (usually within 2/32") so the diffs don't get fubared. so for example if you have tires that are worn half way to 4/32" tread depth and you have a blow out on one tire (and the tire comes with 8/32" tread) you either have to replace all 4 tires at once or you have to get the new tire shaved down to 4/32" tread before installing. if you just slapped on the new tire with full tread you would wear out the diffs.. not a huge deal.. but a potential hassle / expense with awd that you don't get with a 2wd open diff car

Murphy Ford in Pembroke is trying to purchase the Fusion I found at Braden Ford in Kingston's west end...I just need to hear what the boss at Murphy has to say...

I told them that if my Mustang isn't worth the same as the Fusion I found, then I am willing to bridge a gap of $1000-$1500 to make the transaction happen.

It's a 2007 Fusion SEL V6 AWD, Loaded (only option it doesn't have is the sat-nav stereo), Dark Blue Metallic on Black leathers, 13,500 km's on it...etc etc

Are there any members of this site part of http://www.fordfusion.net ? How is Steeda.ca to deal with? They are one of the few places around that has aftermarket support for the 3.0L Fusions...

L8tz
congrats on the new car

dont mod it :ph34r:
Drivesthebeast,Mar 20 2008, 05:13 PM Wrote:Murphy Ford in Pembroke is trying to purchase the Fusion I found at Braden Ford in Kingston's west end...I just need to hear what the boss at Murphy has to say...

I told them that if my Mustang isn't worth the same as the Fusion I found, then I am willing to bridge a gap of $1000-$1500 to make the transaction happen.

It's a 2007 Fusion SEL V6 AWD, Loaded (only option it doesn't have is the sat-nav stereo), Dark Blue Metallic on Black leathers, 13,500 km's on it...etc etc

Are there any members of this site part of http://www.fordfusion.net  ?  How is Steeda.ca to deal with?  They are one of the few places around that has aftermarket support for the 3.0L Fusions...

L8tz
[right][snapback]260333[/snapback][/right]

Dude you're getting rid of the Mustang? WOW.

What happened? Shoot me a message if you want to.
Pages: 1 2