FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Pics Of My Car!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hey guys hope you enjoy pics of my car!! i dont know how to upload pics yet so ill just give you my cardomain link: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2426125
Its kinda like a picture diary.. whaaaaameeeee
not bad for a base model, but welcome to the site man, any plans for it?
word...now mod it! lol
Frost__2001,Feb 20 2008, 10:33 PM Wrote:not bad for a base model, but welcome to the site man, any plans for it?
[right][snapback]258440[/snapback][/right]

thank you, im actually thinking about selling it and getting a SVT model! Love that base to start off modding.... what you guys think an '05 ZX4 like mine is worth with about 26k kms on the odo??
Nice pictures....

In terms of what you'd get for a base model 05 ZX4? Probably no more than $8K from a dealer in trade, slightly more if you sell privately (Dealers are selling '05's with 50K on 'em for $10K or less in the Greater Toronto Area)

NefCacnuck
Aaronsfocus,Feb 21 2008, 12:15 AM Wrote:
Frost__2001,Feb 20 2008, 10:33 PM Wrote:not bad for a base model, but welcome to the site man, any plans for it?
[right][snapback]258440[/snapback][/right]

thank you, im actually thinking about selling it and getting a SVT model! Love that base to start off modding.... what you guys think an '05 ZX4 like mine is worth with about 26k kms on the odo??
[right][snapback]258446[/snapback][/right]

my dealer has an 05 base model just like mine for $12,900 but he said he will sell that for $12,000 flat! This being said, my asking 11,000 isn't too bad is it. Mind you my MBRP exhaust system, which probably will be completely lost in value. i know anything you put into cars usually is wasted when trying to sell the car... :(
Don't start with an SVT... get a cheap ZX3 and use the difference to make it way better...

if you sell your car for 10 k

by high milage zx3 from the states for around 3k

and use 1.5 k for a set of ford racing rally brakes

1.5 k for A GOOD set of coil overs sway bars and bushings.. 1.5 k for LSD and a good clutch

and sink 2.5 k into the motor (A turbo kit on stock internals or a built NA motor) you will have a ZX3 that kills an SVT for the same price.. and a lot less insurence...

also engine and drive line parts for an SVT sell at a premium...

I've got a few parts left over from my sale that you could likely make great use of... FocusSport Cold Air Intake and a SCT X-Calibrator2 ECU tuner.

If it was my choice, as nice as the SVT was for the time, I'd stick with yours. The Duratec has to be one of the best 4-cyls I've ever driven and you have a 2005 sedan, which means you can use all the first-gen (2000-04) Focus suspension offerings, including the SVT brake upgrade if you choose!

It's a nice ride. You could even do a Cosworth build on it (semi-similar to the recent FocusSport build sans turbo) and put down real nice numbers.
ZED got the right idea if ur gonna mod go with a ZX3 if ur gonna keep it stock then go with the SVT or just keep ur whip dump it and throw some rims on that.
SVTs are over rated.
Save the money you would spend on one and put it into a zx3 You'll get WAY more bang for your buck.
i know most on this board at really into mods.. i think your car is fine stock and you shouldn't feel any pressure to mod. i kept my '00 zx3 stock for the entire 4yrs that i owned it

welcome!
naz,Feb 21 2008, 10:34 PM Wrote:i know most on this board at really into mods.. i think your car is fine stock and you shouldn't feel any pressure to mod.  i kept my '00 zx3 stock for the entire 4yrs that i owned it

welcome!
[right][snapback]258540[/snapback][/right]

Thanks! Im planning on keeping it pretty stock. Ive done MBRP exhaust, but just for sporty sound. Honestly, any increase be it power or acceleration, i couldnt really feel. Luckely fuel consumption is still the same as well!
I MIGHT put in a SRI just to completely the exhaust mod cause one the other end is the engines ability to breath!
Aaronsfocus,Feb 22 2008, 12:30 AM Wrote:
naz,Feb 21 2008, 10:34 PM Wrote:i know most on this board at really into mods.. i think your car is fine stock and you shouldn't feel any pressure to mod.  i kept my '00 zx3 stock for the entire 4yrs that i owned it

welcome!

Thanks! Im planning on keeping it pretty stock. Ive done MBRP exhaust, but just for sporty sound. Honestly, any increase be it power or acceleration, i couldnt really feel. Luckely fuel consumption is still the same as well!
I MIGHT put in a SRI just to completely the exhaust mod cause one the other end is the engines ability to breath!
[right][snapback]258548[/snapback][/right]

if you don't like the sound of an intake you could consider a drop-in ITG filter element. i haven't looked up focus mods in a while but it is supposed to be a solid mod (popular with ppl who autoX in the stock class)
some days I wish I had a stock ZX3 with good tires... to be more competitive in auto X...
naz,Feb 21 2008, 10:45 PM Wrote:
naz,Feb 21 2008, 10:34 PM Wrote:i know most on this board at really into mods.. i think your car is fine stock and you shouldn't feel any pressure to mod.   i kept my '00 zx3 stock for the entire 4yrs that i owned it

welcome!

if you don't like the sound of an intake you could consider a drop-in ITG filter element. i haven't looked up focus mods in a while but it is supposed to be a solid mod (popular with ppl who autoX in the stock class)
[right][snapback]258561[/snapback][/right]

Go CAI... for instance the FS CAI *cough*like mine*cough* winds up behind the driver's side foglight. Standing lakes excepted, I've never been in danger of hydrolocking the engine. Plus, it's WAY audible at that position, which is just the way I like it ;)
NOS2Go4Me,Feb 22 2008, 04:30 PM Wrote:

welcome!

Go CAI... for instance the FS CAI *cough*like mine*cough* winds up behind the driver's side foglight. Standing lakes excepted, I've never been in danger of hydrolocking the engine. Plus, it's WAY audible at that position, which is just the way I like it ;)
[right][snapback]258595[/snapback][/right]

buddy, i love all your mods. Pretty much EXACTLY what im going for eventually. MBRP exhaust with intake and SVT euro rims with new tires... to show you have a mazda3 rear wiper? how'd you pull that off? I did the shorty Antenna myself aswell ;)
since your in bc stop by focusbc.net. Nice looking car.
Aaronsfocus,Feb 23 2008, 12:26 AM Wrote:
NOS2Go4Me,Feb 22 2008, 04:30 PM Wrote:

welcome!

[right][snapback]258595[/snapback][/right]

buddy, i love all your mods. Pretty much EXACTLY what im going for eventually. MBRP exhaust with intake and SVT euro rims with new tires... to show you have a mazda3 rear wiper? how'd you pull that off? I did the shorty Antenna myself aswell ;)
[right][snapback]258633[/snapback][/right]

You take the single 10mm nut off holding the arm down and then you literally pull the old rear wiper assembly right off the knurled end of the wiper motor (extension?). Then, you push the Mazda3 arm right down on top, then bolt it back down in place. Works great.

Horrible sentence structure but you get the idea. ;)