FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Toyota Recall And Ford
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So why is it every freaking media leaving 5.5Million Toyota recalls alone and focuses on 1600 poissible recalls on the Ford Transit in China??? WTF????

I just feel that media and everyone else wants Ford to fail! 1600 possible recalls is nothing compared to 5.5mil recalls that Toyota is going thru right now. There is no need to mention Ford every freaking time they mention Toyota. Ford is doing great and for the first time in a long time they are making money again. Let them enjoy the moment!!!

End of Rant! :)
I hear ya. That's all I heard on the news too. "Good and bad news for Ford".

I would think if the situation was reversed they would say, "Good news for Toyota, they made a 2.7 billion dollar profit and avoided Ford's bad luck by only having 1600 vehicles in China affected -- who probably deserve it for all the lead toys and tainted pet food they sent us. Toyota should be commended for getting them back!"
F Toyota lol and the media.
They make a big fuss over nothing. It's like on those cop chase shows where the copter guy is saying whats going on and then he says"wow he nearly missed that car."
When really he was atleast 10ft away from it lol.

GO FORD
I dunno all I hear in the news and from most ppl is jokes about runaway Toyotas.

All I can say is my next car will again be a Ford, I went to the dark side and its pretty boring over there.
Well, I did think it was humorous that Toyota was recalling cars for "sudden unintended acceleration" seeing that the few times I drove a Toyota (rental) you couldn't intentionally cause a sudden acceleration. It must be quite a shock! lol
Saw a GM sign some where saying "our gas pedal's don't get stuck" somewhere and GM is cash in on this deal. $1000 towards penalties for you getting out of lease with Toyota and 1000$ for being Toyota customer. I think Ford and Honda are doing something similar like that as well.
OAC_Sparky,Jan 29 2010, 10:05 AM Wrote:Well, I did think it was humorous that Toyota was recalling cars for "sudden unintended acceleration" seeing that the few times I drove a Toyota (rental) you couldn't intentionally cause a sudden acceleration. It must be quite a shock! lol
[right][snapback]300393[/snapback][/right]

haha! too true!

you have to throw a toyota motor in a lotus to have any fun these days.
To me sounds like Ford is doing something right there saying that no problems have been recorded but they want to make sure they don't have the same defect.

Taking every precaution, Ford Motor Co. has stopped production on its Chinese-made Transit Classic diesel models – a full-sized commercial vehicle with a throttle pedal manufactured by the same company behind the Toyota recall. According to Ford, the vehicles began production in December and only about 1,600 vehicles have been produced. There have been no reported problems with the vehicle's accelerator, but the automaker wants to take a step back to ensure problems will not surface in the future. "That's part of our routine process – when a company has a recall, you conduct a review and determine if you share any of the same vendors, design, parts," according to Ford spokesman Said Deep.

The accelerators in question – subject to recall for sticking and causing unintended acceleration – are made by CTS Corp, based in Elkhart, Indiana. While CTS makes throttle pedal assemblies for other automakers, Toyota and Ford are the only companies thus far to announce production stoppages. Thanks for the tip Jarrett!

I said this on another board but I find it annoying that the media has to try and drege up something to use against the dometic auto industry to soften the blow that the Japanese have finally managed to out and out screw up (and for the longest time denied there even was an issue!) Remember the earlier "advisory" regarding the drivers side floormat? <_<

Pulling out the story about the Chinese made Ford Transit vans that aren't even intended to be sold in North America (and the piddly number of vehicles affected in comparison to the millions of affected Toyotas) disgusts me :mad:

Nice to see our media is as "fair & balanced" as ever :rolleyes:

If it was one of the domestics the papers would be calling for pitchforks and boiling oil.

NefCanuck
hardk0re,Jan 29 2010, 08:56 AM Wrote:I dunno all I hear in the news and from most ppl is jokes about runaway Toyotas.

All I can say is my next car will again be a Ford, I went to the dark side and its pretty boring over there.
[right][snapback]300392[/snapback][/right]

You just went to the wrong dark side young Jedi ;)
add one more to the list of imports.
Honda Fit power window switch. 100000 models affected!

Honda and Toyota gone, GM and Chrysler being belly up! Ford is the way of future!!!!! :)

well there is also VW, not sure where they are gong but i think they are bringing too many models of VW and Audi's. They are going after the number 1 spot!
I've been on several on-line forums the last few days and am very much enjoying the Toyota saga. So many Toyota owners trying to defend their much revered and beloved car maker. We, as Ford owners, Focus owners in particular, have endured ridicule and critcism over the years, mainly from these same export owners. To the Toyota owners now experiencing this same treatment, "Payback's a Bitch, Ain't It?"

I think all Toyota dealerships should post a sign borrowed from the investment industry, "past performance is not indicative of future results"
A great Toyota bashing article.

http://www.thespec.com/article/714289
NikiterZTS,Jan 29 2010, 05:42 PM Wrote:
hardk0re,Jan 29 2010, 08:56 AM Wrote:I dunno all I hear in the news and from most ppl is jokes about runaway Toyotas.

[right][snapback]300392[/snapback][/right]

You just went to the wrong dark side young Jedi ;)
[right][snapback]300461[/snapback][/right]

lol, no s***. Went to the dark side and enjoying every minute of it.
I have not heard anyone in the media mention how something simular to this almost killed Audi back in the 80's. Audi's were accelerating away just like yotas.
[Image: volunteer.jpg]
double post