FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: List Of Euro-ford Models Already In Na
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
based on all the ford NA/ford europe discussions we've had on this board.. here are cars in north america that have the same tech as the ford europe stuff.

you want: mkI euro focus.... you should get: '00-02 focus

early focus were the least de-contented and can be brought up to euro spec with bumpers, auto climate control retrofit, different springs/dampers, mach HIDs

you want: mkI ST170.. you should get: SVT focus

i think this is pretty much the same thing right?

you want: last gen ford mondeo... you should get: jaguar xtype

they share the same platform, have similar drivetrains, and all of the luxo spec euro ford stuff is in the jag. SVT contour i believe is also closely related to the even older gen of ford mondeo

you want: mkII focus ST.. you should get: mazdaspeed3

same chassis, turbo motor. close enough.. (i think if you chipped the MS3 that would get you close to upcoming mkII focus RS territory)

you want: mkII focus ghia.. you should get: volvo S40

same chassis, stuffed with random luxo bits like leather etc.

what do you guys think of this? seems like the only way NA customers get 'less' is that the ford oval doesn't appear on the cars. the tech's here already, and none of it is exorbitantly priced.

mazdaspeed 3 engine doesn't have anything in common with the Mk2 ST. Its a 2.3L 4cyl and the ST has a 2.5 5cyl engine. the platforms are the same.

The Volvo C30 T5 is closer to the Focus ST.
agreed on the c30^
FocusGuy7476,Feb 19 2008, 04:17 AM Wrote:mazdaspeed 3 engine doesn't have anything in common with the Mk2 ST.
[right][snapback]258292[/snapback][/right]

Quote:same chassis, turbo motor. close enough..

but yea you are right. i forgot about the volvo c30
Yeah but the ass of the c30 is damn ugly :|
"you want: mkI euro focus.... you should get: '00-02 focus"

you can include 03 to this list as its the same as 00-02.

Paulicat.

paulicat,Apr 7 2008, 02:13 PM Wrote:"you want: mkI euro focus.... you should get: '00-02 focus"

you can include 03 to this list as its the same as 00-02.

Paulicat.
[right][snapback]261470[/snapback][/right]

technically, if you want mkI euro focus, just buy any NA focus.. you can have all the MKI underpinnings with the motor and interior of your choice!