FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Struck Again...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well Saturday morning I was running over to Timmies for coffee when it happened again. I was involved in an accident in the intersection of Markham and Lawerance. I was traveling thru the green light at the intersection Southbound on Markham when the nice gentleman traveling north made a left hand turn in front of me. I got him square in the passenger door. The impact sent him spinning 180 degrees.

Well the cops were there in seconds and when all was said and done his Caravan needed to be towed away and I drove my Focus to the Reporting Center. He was at fault and I am covered. Thats the second not at fault accident I have been in, in the past 9 Months. Needs a hood, both fenders, front bumper cover, re-bar and foam. Possibly the rad support is damaged aswell. The rad survived as did the AC condenser. The front passenger door won't open because the fender is pushed back. I was surprised the bags didn't pop. It was a pretty hard hit.

I will post some pic's tomorrow. I still need to get some batteries for the camera.

I wasn't hurt and luckily I was alone. The driver was the only occupant in the caravan and he wasn't hurt either.

So now its back to the body shop.
well atleast you were not hurt, but one down side to this is even though your not at fault, your insurance rate might increase because of the short time frame between accidents.
Damn, that's why driving out in that area of Toronto is so stressful, you get people making boneheaded plays like that all the time <_<

Glad to hear that you weren't hurt, cars can be repaired/replaced...

NefCanuck
glad you were not hurt

i get angry when i hear about stuff like this. that would have been the megadeath if you were on a MC
Deffinetly glad I wasn't hurt. It should have been a lot worse. Luckily I saw him from before the stop line at the intersection. I had no where to go though but I got on the brakes as hard as I could and tried my best to avoid.

His Caravan will most likely be writen off as I pushed the door pillar right into the front seat. I am glad he was alone because if there was a front seat passenger there would have been an injury for sure.

The good thing is that I don't think there is too much damage to my Foci. It still tracks straight, and brakes in a straight line. I guess its ultimatly up to the adjuster.

I will let you know what happens when they see my car.
I live in the area and let me tell you its a high risk mission, a few cobras have been totalled at that intersection including a 3 day old Mystic. There are too mant bad drivers around here, glad to hear you are ok.

David
Geez that sucks, but glad to hear your alright!
First thing, Glad you are okay. Second thing, glad your Focus is repairable, too many have been written off lately ( a Honduh conspiracy? ) Third, it's time to move..... :unsure:
Thanks guys for the kind words, but the car hasn't been seen by the adjuster yet. Hopefully it gets saved as it isn't to bad. I was thinking of an SVT front facia. You think the body shop would be able to work something out? I am going to ask tomorrow when I drop it off. Seeing that they have to replace everything up there anyway, it might be the time to convert it.

Anyone know what I am going to need? Is the re-bar and foam the same?
ouch Kev
im glad to see that you can see another day

but too many focus's are falling down latly

tonight 401 between milton and kitchener was waaaay too bad
That's why I stayed off the highways yesterday and the days before... the town roads were bad enough.

It's good to hear you're ok, man. Might wanna get checked over if it was a decent punch anyways.
Unfortunately, that's driving in markham..

I know a buddy who's lived up there for a few years and he's been hit at least once every year for the past 5 years... it's sad really.

But that's what you get when the majority of drivers take their education from Lucky Driving School..
Took the car into the body shop tonight on my way home and low and behold the Caravan I hit was there. The shop manager told me it was a total loss. I wrote off a caravan with my Focus and I drove away. LOL. I never did ask about the SVT front bumper but I will call tomorrow and see if they can hook me up. I didn't take any pic's of my car. Oh well I didn't like looking at all crunched up anyway.

The shop owner came outside to look at my car and he said that the cops shouldn't have let me drive it away. Oh well, what can you do. I am ok, the car is getting fixed and now I have a rental to pound on for a week or so.