FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Mustang
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Knight Rider rides again tonight for you Mustang lovers :P :P
oldeguy,Feb 17 2008, 05:04 PM Wrote:Knight Rider rides again tonight for you Mustang lovers :P  :P
[right][snapback]258239[/snapback][/right]

Thank god I have tomorrow off and I can watch the west coast NBC feed... ain't know way I'm watching the signal substituted eastern Global TV version... they screw up both the sound & audio <_<

NefCanuck
when they played the intro music, I instantly went back to the orignal kight rider days. B)
I say it was pretty good.

Couple of flaws tho:

#1 Double spoiler wing... C'mon thats just retarded.

#2 Needs more Hoff.
No more Hoff... PLEASE!!! He was ok in the 80's, but since BayWatch... anyhooo...
I was a tad disapointed... especially with that chase scene on the curvy, cliff side road!
They should have put a bit more in that scene, especially beeing a pilot movie.
I do hope it become a series soon. There is alot of potential in this genre of tv show.

I was also sad to see that the contest was only open to US residents!!!
8/10 as coming from a Knight Rider fanboy back in the day (have all four seasons on DVD)

Only things I had to cringe at was how *simple* it was to take KITT down. I mean c'mon KITT was hacked in almost no time at all.

That and seeing Hasslehoff... *yipes* Father Time has come to collect... with interest...

NefCanuck
I missed it :( ..
Love the KITT mode, hate the "camoflage" mode.

Otherwise, not bad!
I thought it was pretty good, and interesting that they are giving Knight Rider a sexual side...

case 1 - Mike Traceur in bed with not 1 hottie, but 2 hotties...

case 2 - FBI agent Rivai (played by Sydney Poitier's daughter, Sydney Tamiia Poitier) coming back into her beach side house and there is a hot blonde in her bed, that she just had a one night fling with...

I don't exactly remember that from the original series... :D

Ryan
I think the episode/movie is being rebroadcast next saturday as I see a 2 hour window in my PVR guide for it.

pvr set to 'record'
darkpuppet,Feb 19 2008, 01:34 PM Wrote:I think the episode/movie is being rebroadcast next saturday as I see a 2 hour window in my PVR guide for it.

pvr set to 'record'
[right][snapback]258338[/snapback][/right]

Just pray that Global isn't simsubbing that showing too... or wait until the west coast feed (From what I heard on another board Global did their usual stellar simsubbing job on the HD feed mangling the audio & video)

NefCanuck
Overall I though it was pretty good for a made for TV movie. Everything made sence and fell into place with the original episodes. One thing i didn't like was there was no Turbo Boost, ski mode, oil slick or seat eject in the old episodes they use to have at least one turbo boost jump.
Don't forget this was a pilot episode, so plenty of time to intro new "abilities" if this gets picked up for a series (What? The nanobot repair and camoflague abilities weren't enough? The original KITT would have died & gone to car heaven to have those tricks :D)

NefCanuck
The original KITT was indestructible with a super secret polymer skin -- didn't need no nano-repair...

and KITT could camoflauge himself by posing as a transam..
darkpuppet,Feb 19 2008, 03:33 PM Wrote:The original KITT was indestructible with a super secret polymer skin -- didn't need no nano-repair...

and KITT could camoflauge himself by posing as a transam..
[right][snapback]258371[/snapback][/right]

Ah yes, the mythical "Molecular Bonded Shell" true though that was eventually defeated at least once, in the fourth season opener "Risde of the Juggernaut"

I don't count the poundings by Goliath the semi not the same because the shell was never broken, it just had more force applied to it with a similar molecular bonded shell.

:lol: ...that's pretty crappy camo, in fact Pontiac dealers petitioned GM after the first season to get the show to drop any mention of "Pontiac or Trans Am" because of the flood of people looking for a car "Just like KITT"

NefCanuck
Wasn't too bad, wasn't too enthused with Val Kilmer voicing the new KITT
Dimitri,Feb 19 2008, 05:56 PM Wrote:Wasn't too bad, wasn't too enthused with Val Kilmer voicing the new KITT
[right][snapback]258384[/snapback][/right]

I dunno, I liked him better than the first voice (Wil Arnett IIRC) that voice made me wanna gouge out my ears with an icepick <_<

NefCanuck
I like how the Trans Am was in the garage at the beginning. Just sitting there.

Hated KITTs voice. Hated the double spoiler/riced out Mustang.

Why does it feel like the new KITT is less sophisticated than the old? I thought the old KITT was bullet proof regardless of whether the computer was working or not...

And the only reason I figure KITT was hacked so easily was he wasn't finished, or computing power nowadays is huge.
ok a bit late on this..

i thought kitt looked way cool. but double spoiler was all the way ghey.

anyone else notice that the entire ford product line was on the mountain/curvy spot? I about puked. looked like the auto show (if you haven't gone, its REALLY good, btw.. ford interceptor will make your pants tight).

and how did the edge manage to keep up with not only a mustang, but a shelby mustang? that was pretty sad.
Gotta love creative camera work eh bud?

I hate these "feel good" TV series, cause everything gets dumbed down in order to tell the story. :rolleyes:
Pages: 1 2 3 4