FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Well Its A Write Off.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well my car is gone and I just thought id post some pics of the car, I am still amazed I walked away. I am very pissed off though the front air bags never set off and I think I wouldnt be in such bad shape if they did, I hit the median head on and nothing!!!! Oh well the bottom line is im at home and I can still be with my wife and son. I just put snow tires on too, crap oh well. I tried popping the hood with some help from the wreckers to get my SRI but no help.

[Image: tmpphpze2brm.jpg]

[Image: tmpphpNPYhAQ.jpg]

[Image: tmpphpIIzFsI-1.jpg]
[Image: tmpphpIIzFsI.jpg]
[Image: tmpphpn6Mjji.jpg]

[Image: tmpphp1c9wKL.jpg]
Wow, glad to hear your safe and sound. What are your plans for replacing the Focus?
euro_zx5,Feb 14 2008, 07:12 PM Wrote:Wow, glad to hear your safe and sound. What are your plans for replacing the Focus?
[right][snapback]258082[/snapback][/right]

Well its a little bit of everything.
Ranger FX4
Ford Escape
Ford Tauras
My wife said a used G35 coupe...she is probably just toying with me though.

I want the Ranger FX4 the most, I might look at one Friday or Saturday.
If you get a Ranger which I regret trading in for my Focus, I have a set of rims off my old one that I'd be willing to let go for cheap. 20" chrome five spoke wheels, really set the Ranger off.
That sucks...

You probably were going to slow or hit the median in a way where the sensors weren't touched.
Yikes...

I've seen a few wrecks posted here and Fj and they always seem to walk out fine. We can def say the focus is a safe car.
Flofocus,Feb 14 2008, 07:51 PM Wrote:Yikes...

I've seen a few wrecks posted here and Fj and they always seem to walk out fine.  We can def say the focus is a safe car.
[right][snapback]258087[/snapback][/right]

Yah the guy at the autobody shop said the Focus is a graet car but they get written off easy.
thats why your still walking :) the steel and car did its job perfectly
how in the world did that happend?
glad you are ok

+1 here for the G35
+2 G35.

Used G35's are getting really cheap. PM me for pricing.

GLad you are ok man.
Yikes!

Glad your okay. Cars are replaceable.

And go to the US!!!!!
Spinal,Feb 14 2008, 08:28 PM Wrote:how in the world did that happend?
[right][snapback]258090[/snapback][/right]

I spun and hit the median then I got smoked by the Dodge Ram, and went for a few spins. Wow I still can't beleive the injuries arent worse then they are.
Canadian ST,Feb 14 2008, 08:31 PM Wrote:
Spinal,Feb 14 2008, 08:28 PM Wrote:how in the world did that happend?
[right][snapback]258090[/snapback][/right]

I spun and hit the median then I got smoked by the Dodge Ram, and went for a few spins. Wow I still can't beleive the injuries arent worse then they are.
[right][snapback]258099[/snapback][/right]

Hrm, that might explain why the bags didn't go off. AFAIK the entire bumper isn't rigged with sensors, but there are several spaced along the inside of it. Hit between them and the bags will stay put.

Yipes :ph34r: That must have been like a bad amusement park ride, judging by what the car looks like (Couldn't even save the air filter either, NVM the entire SRI eh?)

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Feb 14 2008, 09:57 PM Wrote:AFAIK the entire bumper isn't rigged with sensors, but there are several spaced along the inside of it.

I found two on mine.
CanadaSVT,Feb 14 2008, 11:10 PM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Feb 14 2008, 09:57 PM Wrote:AFAIK the entire bumper isn't rigged with sensors, but there are several spaced along the inside of it.

I found two on mine.
[right][snapback]258104[/snapback][/right]

I hit the median head on at at least 45kph, the air bags should have gone off.
Canadian ST,Feb 14 2008, 10:16 PM Wrote:I hit the median head on at at least 45kph, the air bags should have gone off.

Well at least you didn't get the two black eyes and burnt hair like my aunt did from her airbags when she got sandwiched on the qew.

Do ya have any pics of the whole front end?
The main thing is that you are going to be okay. Personally, I'd go look for another ST, or an SVT. Sorry, unless I win a million or two, it's gonna be a Focus from here on in. ( no 2008 though )
Canadian ST,Feb 14 2008, 11:16 PM Wrote:I hit the median head on at at least 45kph, the air bags should have gone off.
[right][snapback]258105[/snapback][/right]

did you spin before you hit the barrier? That could be why the bags didn't fire.

all conjecture aside.. glad you're ok... hope you enjoy whatever new car you get!
mo_focus,Feb 14 2008, 08:04 PM Wrote:+2 G35.

Used G35's are getting really cheap. PM me for pricing.

GLad you are ok man.
[right][snapback]258095[/snapback][/right]

Nathan, you walked away. That's the best kind of accident there is. On a completely shallow note - that poor MBRP system! You hardly got to enjoy it! :(

I'm intrigued as to why the airbags didn't go off, too. That's odd.

+3 or whatever for the G35. Mo, you and I need to have a chat over MSN sometime when you have time ;)

Pages: 1 2