FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Got My Car Back From The Body Shop
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A few weeks ago my car got pretty messed up in the big wind storm we had so to the body shop it went.

Before
[Image: 100_2171.jpg]

well i knew they would cover the airbrushing so i went one colour

After
[Image: DSC00525.jpg]
[Image: DSC00522.jpg]
[Image: DSC00523.jpg]

Let me know what you think
White, a blank canvas... white can be an attention grabber. Looks good to me, but, I have a white ZTS so......
Very Nice! 100% better than before!

Why didn't you get the APC tails done in white too? and the mirror caps SVT style would be nice also
All that work just gone? Ah man i know airbrushin is just about impossible to fix after its damaged but have you considered a body wrap at all? Its all vinyl and sections can b replaced if damaged :)
Well, quite the change, but one good side effect will likely be less attention from the local police, 'cause your old paint job screamed "LOOK AT ME!" in three foot high glowing neon letters to the cops :(

NefCanuck
Love the one color.
i really liked the old look. It was unique, also the licence plate went with the car.

Now it doesnt :) so are you going to change your plates to "1plainride" until you do some more mods to it ;)

j/k looks good. Just becareful with all the snow these days. You dont want your ride to be plowed :D
Yeah, you don't want your next post to be... "so, I was chasing down the snow removal guys and my car was hanging out the top of a dumptruck" :P

I like it because as it was already mentioned, white is a great canvas / jumping-off point for you. :D

Have fun!
Ahh man that totally sucks they couldn't salvage the air brushing at all? You were one of my biggest worries in car show competition. So now what happens with Meguiars sponsorship has it expired if not you wanna throw it my way?

Wow i just can't believe it are you going to sell it because you still could have done something custom with the paint job why plain white?
SL8RZZX3,Feb 14 2008, 03:10 PM Wrote:Very Nice! 100% better than before!

[right][snapback]258059[/snapback][/right]

X2
Looks great! and I'm sure it will look even better with the summer wheels.
thumbs up, but only because white is the best focus color after liquid grey, imho.
mpcv2000,Feb 14 2008, 09:32 PM Wrote:
SL8RZZX3,Feb 14 2008, 03:10 PM Wrote:Very Nice! 100% better than before!

[right][snapback]258059[/snapback][/right]

X2
[right][snapback]258100[/snapback][/right]
agree!
I'm torn... while I'm not a big fan of 'over designed' body work, your car looked really unique, and it worked with the overall theme.

And it's sort of sad to see it gone.

but then again, a nice white clean look is quite appealing -- it may not have the car show draw, but it's a good blank slate to start with.

BTW.. what did the wind do to your car??
i say put white front svt bumper

but im not sure about the whole change though......are u selling your car at all?
Thanks for the comments guys, to answer the what happend question were i was storing the car part of the building fell in on the car and did $7000 damage to it, as for the why white, its just really clean and easy to look after having a dark coluored car was nice when it was clean but I was always washing it every day, and also with white I work at sign shop so wraping the car would cost me next to nothing.
your orig paint scheme wasn't my taste but i definitely appreciated that it was unique and 1 one off

glad you got your car back. pls post pics once you get some wrap on there