FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: 2011 Ford Mustang Sees Return Of 5.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
d'oh... my car isn't even 4 years old, and it's horribly obsolete...

Car and Driver has the details

the short of it.

2011 GT gets 412HP from 5.0 litres, while the v6 gets the 3.7L 300hp motor derived from the mkt and mks.

damnit I was sorta thinking about ending the car payment cycle, but it's gonna turn into an infinite loop at this rate...
darkpuppet,Jan 28 2010, 02:46 PM Wrote:damnit  I was sorta thinking about ending the car payment cycle, but it's gonna turn into an infinite loop at this rate...
[right][snapback]300369[/snapback][/right]

Na we just need an intercooled S/C set-up, if not i might be going with x-charger and cams
Saw the beast at the Barrett-Jackson auction on SPEED the other night (2010 Daytona 500 pace car, raised $300,000 USD for charity, minus the MSRP)

Man, times like this I get insane ideas in my head and the loudest whispers are going right now "2011 5.0L with autobox & glass roof" :ph34r: :lol:

NefCanuck
I gotta be honest, I'm smitten by the HP, but I'm still not sold on the looks... I may just old school it and x-charger extreme the car when it hits this spring.
x-charger extreme?

any links?
it's the intercooled version of the x-charger that everyone's been talking about on the forums..

huge thread discussing it's development and imminent release here

SL8RZZX3,Jan 28 2010, 09:22 PM Wrote:x-charger extreme?
[right][snapback]300383[/snapback][/right]

Anything that uses the word "extreme" in its product name just sounds a little bit more douche.
Oscar The Grouch,Jan 28 2010, 11:04 PM Wrote:
SL8RZZX3,Jan 28 2010, 09:22 PM Wrote:x-charger extreme?
[right][snapback]300383[/snapback][/right]

Anything that uses the word "extreme" in its product name just sounds a little bit more douche.
[right][snapback]300385[/snapback][/right]

if a little douche nets me 40 more HP, I'll douche...
darkpuppet,Jan 29 2010, 09:06 AM Wrote:if a little douche nets me 40 more HP, I'll douche...
[right][snapback]300394[/snapback][/right]

That's one of those Too Much Information moments DP :P

NefCanuck
412 horsies...nice. B)
Can't wait to take one for a test.
Big power, bigger brakes and suspensions, HID headlights and LED sequential tails, all stock...

I know of the difficult and painfull cycle you speak of DP...

LOL!
Looks like the 2011 Shelby gets an aluminum engine and loses a 120 lbs...

I gotta stop reading the news.
That's alot of power :blink: ... it's got to be fun doing 50 in town and 100 km/h on the highway . oh, it's going to be cheap too , "only " 79000 ,I think I got that change in the cup holder . :rolleyes: I stopped reading the news :lol: