FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Happy Valentine's Day
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well, t'is the day of $70 rose bouquets, heart shaped toblerones and overpriced greeting cards to express the obvious...

Tonight, I'm giving up indoor beach volleyball to cook 4 week dry-aged tenderloin with shrimp and scallps for my girl... along with said bouquet and gifts and whatnot..

I'm all for not being single on vday -- tho I'm not particularily keen on spending so much for so little because "I love you" every other day of the year isn't good enough....
I've got chicken fajitas on the go tonight... mexican FTW.

Can't forget the caesars and other add-ons, either.

My Nomex suit is at the ready! :lol: :lol:
huh?? what??

me and a few guys are heading out for beers tonight. and probly tomorrow, saturday and sunday!!

:beerchug:
nothing going on here, for obvious reasons. just trying to keep her happy today since we're still apart. sent her one of the free cards on hallmark's website (they totally suck, but oh well). I suppose I should go out today and get her a paper one, just because.

this weekend, we're going out to Olive Garden for lunch (her choice), and then maybe make her dinner Saturday night if we're hungry, or I'll just make it on Sunday.

Was forbidden to send flowers again this year because they're so damned expensive.. so go me! heh..
Never liked Valentine's Day personally, thought it was a sad excuse to suck money out of guy's pockets (as if there isn't enough doing that already <_<) though I did call my stepmother and wish her a Happy Valentine's Day today, since dad is no longer able to :(

NefCanuck
Valentine's Day??? Is that today???? Oh S@#t!!! Everyday is Valentine's Day in my house, even after 27 years :D :D
Just another boring day for me... :rolleyes:
I think I actually preferred vday by myself.

I know I'd have a lot of fun with the money I'm spending :P ..

tho interesting tidbit... in canada, men spend on average $130 on their woman today.

The women spend half that for their men.

The lesson:
Guys, if you don't get lucky today, save half the amount you'd normally spend and get a hooker.

:P
darkpuppet,Feb 14 2008, 11:56 AM Wrote:I think I actually preferred vday by myself.

I know I'd have a lot of fun with the money I'm spending :P  ..

tho interesting tidbit... in canada, men spend on average $130 on their woman today. 

The women spend half that for their men.  

The lesson:
Guys, if you don't get lucky today, save half the amount you'd normally spend and get a hooker.

:P
[right][snapback]258034[/snapback][/right]
It also proves that men put a greater value on the physical side of a relationship.....or are more desperate to get laid
i can't wait to go and see my one and only.......i don't mind spending money on something that I love

Happy V-day
darkpuppet,Feb 14 2008, 11:56 AM Wrote:I think I actually preferred vday by myself.
[right][snapback]258034[/snapback][/right]

Maybe you're right... :unsure:
Well, the gf and I have nothing realy planned for tonight.
We cooking up some roastbeef from M&M and sending the boys to bed early ;)
We can't get too physical either since she is due in about 7 weeks!!!
Boy #3 on the way ;)
She once told me to never waste $ on flowers, even though I know she likes them. So, I'll probably get her some kind of nice arrangement tomorrow for 1/4 the price and we'll get a babysitter for the boys tomorrow and go watch a movie or something.

Happy Valentine's everyone
Gravter,Feb 14 2008, 12:31 PM Wrote:We can't get too physical either since she is due in about 7 weeks!!!
[right][snapback]258046[/snapback][/right]

Well just take it easy and don't poke boy #3 in the forehead -- you'll be fine!
I've never bought cut flowers, ever.

Planted flowers are the same price, or cheaper, and they last!
torradan,Feb 14 2008, 01:39 PM Wrote:
Gravter,Feb 14 2008, 12:31 PM Wrote:We can't get too physical either since she is due in about 7 weeks!!!
[right][snapback]258046[/snapback][/right]

Well just take it easy and don't poke boy #3 in the forehead -- you'll be fine!
[right][snapback]258047[/snapback][/right]

my buddy would routinely go up to his grown kids, start poking them in the forehead, while asking, "*poke* remember this? *poke* remember this?"

good times!
Not doing anything tonight since i work till 8, but spending the long weekend in Blue mountain with a few other couples.
ZX3_2NV,Feb 14 2008, 01:33 PM Wrote:Not doing anything tonight since i work till 8, but spending the long weekend in Blue mountain with a few other couples.
[right][snapback]258053[/snapback][/right]
i rented a 2 floor cottage( townhouse) their once.....it was awesome
Screw valentines day im getting loaded :lol:
I think Im gonna go to the rippers.........
Burnin21,Feb 14 2008, 02:17 PM Wrote:Screw valentines day im getting loaded :lol:
[right][snapback]258062[/snapback][/right]

D-Dub,Feb 14 2008, 02: Wrote:I think Im gonna go to the rippers.........
[right][snapback]258065[/snapback][/right]

AMEN BROTHERS!!!!!!
Pages: 1 2