FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Attn Modifed Mag Subscribers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I thought the 1st guy was crazy when he PM me on focus fanatics saying that my car is in the newest modified magazine (March) but now 2 other people from the states have told me the same.

I sent a letter a few months ago to modified about that yellow focus in readers rides that claims 200 whp. Don’t remember exactly what I wrote or what pictures I sent. If you guys get it in the mail check it out and let me know because I’ll have to wait till it hits the shelves before I can check it out.

Suppose to be near the back I don’t know maybe feedback or reader’s letters or something.
could have used you to debunk SVT Dean's false claims back in the day :P
I actually posted about this on here when i 1st read that article about the guy saying 200whp, with cai and exhaust. :rolleyes:
Flofocus,Feb 12 2008, 06:07 PM Wrote:I actually posted about this on here when i 1st read that article about the guy saying 200whp, with cai and exhaust.  :rolleyes:
[right][snapback]257880[/snapback][/right]

but did you write the magazine? :P

I remember that car, it's a good laugh.. tho people shouldn't be allowed to get away with that kind of lying...
No, laughed, posted here and moved on. :P
Yaa Flo i remember you posted it i had already wrote in.
Got the mag in the mail, the other day and read your article.

You got letter of the month! :P :lol:
Dean's car had a cosworth manifold no?
:lol:
Flofocus,Feb 16 2008, 06:26 PM Wrote:Got the mag in the mail, the other day and read your article.

You got letter of the month!  :P  :lol:
[right][snapback]258226[/snapback][/right]

I don't suppose you can post the letter here.. I'd like to read it without having to buy the mag.
darkpuppet,Feb 19 2008, 11:09 AM Wrote:
Flofocus,Feb 16 2008, 06:26 PM Wrote:Got the mag in the mail, the other day and read your article.

You got letter of the month!   :P  :lol:
[right][snapback]258226[/snapback][/right]

I don't suppose you can post the letter here.. I'd like to read it without having to buy the mag.
[right][snapback]258327[/snapback][/right]

+ 1
can someone with the mag scan it??
I'll try and scan it tonight
Here it is I took a pic with my Cell

[Image: IMG00413.jpg]

Modified Mag March 2008

LETTER OF THE MONTH

Readers’ Rides Phony

I just finished flipping through your January ’08 issue to find a yellow Ford Focus on the second last page in the Readers’ Rides section. Just wanted to let you know that, one, [the owner] is a flat-out liar, or he has to get his G tech checked out, because he claims 202 whp. Just by looking at his mods and being a big Focus enthusiast myself, I know there is no way that car is even making 200 to the flywheel and, to boot, his future mods include a “Vortech water cooled turbo.” This is either a typo or he is very confused, because Vortech makes superchargers, not turbos. It’s not your fault – you would expect him to be giving the right information. But anyways, if you guys are ever interested in featuring a real tuner Focus, let me know. I’ll attach a few pictures of what a 400 whp Focus motor looks like, as well [as email] you guys a proposal when I am complete with my audio setup.
-Andrew Ortins

MM You are probably right, Andrew. That is a hard number to believe, since the engine is naturally aspirated. We should have done some more research into it, but with the limited time and resources we have, we often take the owner’s word for it. Your Focus looks like it’s the real deal. Keep up the good work.

haha.. awesome!

400HP? Dyno chart please!!!
darkpuppet,Feb 19 2008, 03:31 PM Wrote:400HP?  Dyno chart please!!!
[right][snapback]258347[/snapback][/right]

:lol:

I thought the EXACT same thing when I read it.
You telling me that motor with the set up it has right now isn't capeable. I just need to save up for a stand alone and it will be over 400 it already made 336whp on a base safe tune.
granted, you did say 400HP motor -- never said if it was just capable, or actually doing it.

I have no doubt that your build could handle 400HP.. just considering your tuning troubles, I was doubtful that it actually made that number yet -- that's all.

not that I was going to write in to the mag or anything
^^BS, the letter is already on its way, heh?!?! :lol:
HA well the more Foci in the mag the better and as you said i did not clam 400 whp

Hopefully if the funds are well I will be tuning in June with an AEM EMS at Magnus Motorsports
cool.. can't wait to see what you can do with a proper tune.
Me too.
And for what it's worth....
Your car looks like it's capable of those numbers.
Please keep us in the loop with your quest for 400!