FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Mark Levinson Car Audio? Worth The $?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
do you guys think the mark levinson stuff optional on lexus is worth it?
naz,Feb 8 2008, 10:29 PM Wrote:do you guys think the mark levinson stuff optional on lexus is worth it?
[right][snapback]257688[/snapback][/right]

I would say so, the best thing to do would check out the stock Lexus stereo VS the Mark Levinson if you can. My aunt got the upgraded JBL system in her Camary and it sounds great very clear and tight bass. Plus it would be factory installed so fit and finish should be top notch. ;)
A friend of mine is currently shopping States side for a Lexus. He won't look at a car without the Levinson stereo.

I haven't heard it personally.
chances are no....

they wouldn't put the name in the car if they couldn't charge the extra price of admission...

but then again, you DO pay extra for factory fit and finish.. so I guess the answer is.. "it depends...."
darkpuppet,Feb 11 2008, 08:23 AM Wrote:chances are no....

they wouldn't put the name in the car if they couldn't charge the extra price of admission...

but then again, you DO pay extra for factory fit and finish.. so I guess the answer is.. "it depends...."
[right][snapback]257765[/snapback][/right]
Gee, way to pick a side there, Puppet. :P
^-- only from the top of the fence does one get a good view of both yards..

ok, back on topic
darkpuppet,Feb 11 2008, 01:23 PM Wrote:chances are no....

[right][snapback]257765[/snapback][/right]

man.. that's so helpful thanks :P :blink:

i'm not a big audiophile so i was hoping ppl who were big into car audio and have heard the levinson would chime in.. i guess i could just go to a lexus specific forum but i'm afraid i would get too many fan boys who 'absolutely love it' (because they dropped $$ on it already)

i haven't spent much time with it, but i've heard it a couple of times and i thought it was awesome.. just trying to get a second opinion
Well I would bet it has bigger amps and better speakers and more of them. I would go for it!
Perhaps the question that should be asked is: Will the price difference get you what you are looking for in the first place?

If you're looking for quality of sound, that's really a subjective thing. Only suggestion there is the old saw about taking your favourite CD's and running them in the systems you're comparing. Otherwise you have to know whether you're willing to pay a price premium for something that you haven't even heard yet.

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Feb 11 2008, 04:48 PM Wrote:Perhaps the question that should be asked is:  Will the price difference get you what you are looking for in the first place?

If you're looking for quality of sound, that's really a subjective thing.  Only suggestion there is the old saw about taking your favourite CD's and running them in the systems you're comparing.  Otherwise you have to know whether you're willing to pay a price premium for something that you haven't even heard yet.

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]257792[/snapback][/right]

Very valid point, try your cds in it and see if you can tell the difference. Maybe it just has more speakers....With a name like Mark Levinson it is going to be good, how good? The Lexus is out of my price rage now so I have never heard it before but it should be nice. ;)