FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: New Engine?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
is there anybody know how much dealer sells zetec engine??
i know it is special order and it is under frpp item..

i see few dealers in the states sell brand new engine for around us$1000+..

i am thinking to go pick up but if there is any place in canada sells aroudn this price, i'd like to know..
konafocuswrc,Jan 27 2010, 11:25 PM Wrote:is there anybody know how much dealer sells zetec engine??

i am thinking to go pick up but if there is any place in canada sells aroudn this price, i'd like to know..
[right][snapback]300339[/snapback][/right]
if you're gonna get a new motor get a 2.3 duratec theres some that go for like 400 bucks.
Spinal,Jan 28 2010, 12:46 AM Wrote:if you're gonna get a new motor get a 2.3 duratec theres some that go for like 400 bucks.
[right][snapback]300341[/snapback][/right]
Yeah but Mike he has a Zetec car. He would have to change a lot more than the engine if he did that.
konafocuswrc,Jan 27 2010, 11:25 PM Wrote:is there anybody know how much dealer sells zetec engine??

[right][snapback]300339[/snapback][/right]

Are you going to build it or drop it in stock? a DOHC Zetec from alot of wreckers around ontario go for about $500-$600....... http://www.car-part.com/
That would be my choice too.
Contact standard auto wreckers or carcones, both have the engines for around 300 to 350$

http://standardautowreckers.net/asp/parts/...asp?ID=17878276

there used to be tons of them there, haven't checked them for a while but i'm sure there is still lots.
junked zetecs are cheap, like everybody said, pick one up at the junkers and your looking at anywhere between $300-$500.
nah~i m going to go with new complete engine..
it comes with every single parts attached already..
intake/exhaust manifold, throttle body, fuel rail/injector, flywheel, coil wires, water pump and so and so..

i m tired of fixing this and that..it would be much better to go from new engine for me..
i already spent nearly $2000 to find and fix the problem and still didn't fix problems..

with that money, i could've done manual trans swap and saving money towards f/i..
konafocuswrc,Jan 28 2010, 10:37 AM Wrote:i m tired of fixing this and that..it would be much better to go from new engine for me..
i already spent nearly $2000 to find and fix the problem and still didn't fix problems..

with that money, i could've done manual trans swap and saving money towards f/i..
[right][snapback]300357[/snapback][/right]
if thats the case buy a new(er) car because $2000 in repairs is just rediculous. and you can get one with a manual tranny.
konafocuswrc,Jan 28 2010, 10:37 AM Wrote:nah~i m going to go with new complete engine..
it comes with every single parts attached already..
intake/exhaust manifold, throttle body, fuel rail/injector, flywheel, coil wires, water pump and so and so..

i m tired of fixing this and that..it would be much better to go from new engine for me..

[right][snapback]300357[/snapback][/right]

Call Dixie Ford and ask to speak to Sean Marskell in parts.

At the last SVTOA meeting I seem to recall him mentioning a sale on complete Zetec motors, brand new with warranty. I can't remember the exact price, but IIRC it was pretty good. PM me and I'll find his number or just go to the Dixie Ford Website and look for the Speed Shop link, tell him Daniel from the SVTOA sent you.

NefCanuck
Yaa Kona I think its time to give it up and look for another car and try to swap some things over.
ZX3_2NV,Jan 29 2010, 11:14 AM Wrote:Yaa Kona I think its time to give it up and look for another car and try to swap some things over.
[right][snapback]300410[/snapback][/right]

can't..
i cannot find anything manual white color in stock form..
and nothing in my price range..

the reason i m saying not to get any used engine or car is, i've gone through too much hassles to repair problem..
none of mechanics so far couldn't find out what the problem is..
they for sure pointed me which is causing problem and none of them was correct..
and like i mentioned earlier, i wasted nearly $2000 already..

so one of frpp dealers in new jersey is doing blow out sale, and whole new engine with everything only cost me us$1150(regular price is like $2500+)..

engine is going to be around 350lbs, and i m sure my focus has lots of hatch space to put new engine in..
ur gonna drive all the way down to jersey shore and pick up a motor ouch there goes your suspension. and with all your problems going on your gonna trust driving the car all that way.
still cheaper than buying used car from here..
and new jersey is like only 7 hours away..

driving car is not a problem and that is not going to do anything wth car problem..

it is better than doing everything at once..

what if i buy used car and put f/i and blow up or something, i will have to pull out motors and do everything again..

start from new engine will be much reliable..
Scrap the car it sounds like a money pit.

You will never be happy with out come, the hasstles and headaches are not worth it.

Good luck with your descision.
^^^^^yes..
read my newest post.. "insurance"..

i will get svt or something and start from begining with clean clean clean mod..ha
Kijiji has used zetec's for $150-400, why wouldn't you build a used motor to handle f/i.

A stock motor not designed to leverage f/i will just blow up regardless if it's new or used...?
roast,Feb 2 2010, 12:17 PM Wrote:Kijiji has used zetec's for $150-400, why wouldn't you build a used motor to handle f/i.

A stock motor not designed to leverage f/i will just blow up regardless if it's new or used...?
[right][snapback]300615[/snapback][/right]

Issue is though that a used motor could have seen all sorts of abuse that is really hard to detect. A "factory fresh" motor is just that, as built from the plant and once in your hands you know exactly what is being done to the motor.

If I were doing a build up I would start with a fresh motor myself, one less variable in the equation ;)

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Feb 2 2010, 04:16 PM Wrote:
roast,Feb 2 2010, 12:17 PM Wrote:Kijiji has used zetec's for $150-400, why wouldn't you build a used motor to handle f/i.

[right][snapback]300615[/snapback][/right]

Issue is though that a used motor could have seen all sorts of abuse that is really hard to detect. A "factory fresh" motor is just that, as built from the plant and once in your hands you know exactly what is being done to the motor.

If I were doing a build up I would start with a fresh motor myself, one less variable in the equation ;)

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]300623[/snapback][/right]

Dont buy from kijiji then if your concerned about it being a lemon. Like I said, I can get engines with under 50k on them for $300-$500, depending on what kind of warranty you want. When I blew up mine with the turbo, they were offering me a zetec with 56K on it for $500 with 1 year warranty...told them i was boosting it so warranty is no good for me, so they dropped it to $300 and still offered a 6 month warranty on it. I drove around for 2 years with that engine, and the new owner only blew it up because he was running like 15 pounds of boost. :blink:
D-Dub,Jan 31 2010, 11: Wrote:Scrap the car it sounds like a money pit.

You will never be happy with out come, the hasstles and headaches are not worth it.

Good luck with your descision.
[right][snapback]300543[/snapback][/right]

What he said.

Money pit indeed!
Pages: 1 2