FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Sounds Like A Plan!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[NOT my thoughts, but I liked the way it was written. S.]

THE LAW IS THE LAW?

I hope this makes its way around CANADA several times over!!!

So if the CANADIAN government determines that it is against the law for the words 'under God' to be on our money, then, so be it.

And if that same government decides that the 'Ten Commandments' are not to be used in or on a government installation, then, so be it.

And since they already have prohibited any prayer in the schools, on which they deem their authority, then so be it.

I say, 'so be it,' because I would like to be a law abiding Canadian citizen.

I say, 'so be it,' because I would like to think that smarter people than I are in positions to make good decisions.

I would like to think that those people have the Canadian Public's best interests at heart.

BUT, YOU KNOW WHAT ELSE I'D LIKE?

Since we can't pray to God, can't Trust in God and cannot post His Commandments in Government buildings, I don't believe the Government and its employees should participate in the Easter and Christmas.... celebrations which honor the God that our government is eliminating from many facets of Canadian life.

I'd like my mail delivered on Christmas, Good Friday, Thanksgiving & Easter.After all, it's just another day.

I'd like our Government to be in session on Christmas,
Good Friday,Thanksgiving & Easter as well as Sundays. After all, it's just another day.

I'd like ALL Representatives to not have to worry about getting home for the 'Christmas Break.' After all ~~~it's just another day.

I'm thinking that a lot of my taxpayer dollars could be saved, if all government offices & services would work on Christmas, Good Friday & Easter. It shouldn't cost any overtime since those would be just like any other day of the week to a government that is trying to be 'politically correct.'

In fact....

I think that our government should work on Sundays (initially set aside for worshiping God...) because, after all, our government says that it should be just another day....

What do you all think????

If this idea gets to enough people, maybe our elected officials will stop giving in to the minority opinions and begin, once again, to represent the majority' of ALL of the people.

HELP RETURN SANITY TO CANADA!! :D
So, just going out on the asshole limb of the asshole tree here, but why should i have someone's personal beliefs rammed down my throat if I choose not to practice the christian religion.

Why should the "10 Commandments" rule my life etc.?

I grew up with christianity rammed down my throat at every turn, my parents basically forced me to go to church, sent me off to bible college for the worst 5 -1/2 months of my life until the president of the bible college asked me to come see him, he told me that I may be better off trying to figure out life for myself instead of being there.

So I left, my "christian" friends told me I was disapointing to them because I dropped out, called me an alcoholic because I would enjoy a beer after a long hard day at work. Repeatedly told me that i was going to go to hell because I stopped going to church.

Yeah, are these really the type of people I wanted in my life, absolutely not. Are these the type of people I want in control of the government, a resounding "HELL NO!!!"

I've seen people in churches pray for weeks for the ability to buy a new car, meanwhile if they'd get off their ass and work for a living, do something productive, they could buy the car that they wanted.

Now as a 32 yr old man, I make my own decisions, I do as I please, I respect people, respect the law, care for myself, my friends, my family. Do I drink, yeah, do I hit the stripclub once in a while, yeah, do I do a lot of things that "christians" say I'll go to hell for, yeah maybe I will but you know what, as I said to a former friend of mine, "I'd rather be in a room full of strippers, hookers and drug dealers then be stuck in a room with likes of you, at least they won't judge me."

Just my $.02
focusracer,Feb 5 2008, 06:45 PM Wrote:"I'd rather be in a room full of strippers, hookers and drug dealers then be stuck in a room with likes of you, at least they won't judge me."
[right][snapback]257502[/snapback][/right]

When you get there I'll be holding the door open for you with one hand, have a drink in the other hand and be all wrapped up by at least one pretty girl. So it is written and so it shall be done. B)

Every once in while and not often enough, one of you guys come up with a real gem of a quote/statement.

focusracer,Feb 5 2008, 07:45 PM Wrote:Now as a 32 yr old man, I make my own decisions, I do as I please, I respect people, respect the law, care for myself, my friends, my family. Do I drink, yeah, do I hit the stripclub once in a while, yeah, do I do a lot of things that "christians" say I'll go to hell for, yeah maybe I will but you know what, as I said to a former friend of mine, "I'd rather be in a room full of strippers, hookers and drug dealers then be stuck in a room with likes of you, at least they won't judge me."

Just my $.02
[right][snapback]257502[/snapback][/right]

Bravo!
Just because those things shouldn`t be in the government doesn`t mean the people who are employed by that government can`t practice them.
since when does the Canadian Gov't put 'Under God' on the money.
FocusGuy7476,Feb 7 2008, 02:14 PM Wrote:since when does the Canadian Gov't put 'Under God' on the money.
[right][snapback]257604[/snapback][/right]

since a canadian took an american chain letter and changed 'American' to "Canadian"
Aka,Feb 7 2008, 10:52 AM Wrote:Just because those things shouldn`t be in the government doesn`t mean the people who are employed by that government can`t practice them.
[right][snapback]257603[/snapback][/right]

Pretty much my point, it's a free country, no person should have any type of religious views thrown at them and jammed down their throats.
focusracer,Feb 7 2008, 02:53 PM Wrote:
Aka,Feb 7 2008, 10:52 AM Wrote:Just because those things shouldn`t be in the government doesn`t mean the people who are employed by that government can`t practice them.

Pretty much my point, it's a free country, no person should have any type of religious views thrown at them and jammed down their throats.
[right][snapback]257608[/snapback][/right]
So does that mean a person who believes in a type of Faith should have to listen to the non-believers jam their opinions down everyones throats? As a Christian myself, I'm sorry you haven't had the best of experiences with Christianity, and I do understand it isn't for everyone, and actually for years I sounded like you, but maybe we should just leave God out of this forum and enjoy the days off that are given to us, because Canada, waaay back when, was founded on Christian beliefs, Our Laws are based on the Ten Commandments, our Calendar is based on Chrsitianity, and some of our Holidays are based on the Christian Faith.
oldeguy,Feb 7 2008, 02:35 PM Wrote:
focusracer,Feb 7 2008, 02:53 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]257608[/snapback][/right]
So does that mean a person who believes in a type of Faith should have to listen to the non-believers jam their opinions down everyones throats? As a Christian myself, I'm sorry you haven't had the best of experiences with Christianity, and I do understand it isn't for everyone, and actually for years I sounded like you, but maybe we should just leave God out of this forum and enjoy the days off that are given to us, because Canada, waaay back when, was founded on Christian beliefs, Our Laws are based on the Ten Commandments, our Calendar is based on Chrsitianity, and some of our Holidays are based on the Christian Faith.
[right][snapback]257609[/snapback][/right]

^^ And just because you end up living next to the opera doesn't mean you have to enjoy it, but they keep screaming anyways (religion).

People don't need to be muzzled because they don't agree with religion. Sorry, but that's MY belief.
NOS2Go4Me,Feb 7 2008, 03:42 PM Wrote:[right][snapback]257609[/snapback][/right]

^^ And just because you end up living next to the opera doesn't mean you have to enjoy it, but they keep screaming anyways (religion).

People don't need to be muzzled because they don't agree with religion. Sorry, but that's MY belief.
[right][snapback]257611[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
So, because I do, I should be muzzled?
Why do people always read into things that aren't there to begin with? Did I say that explicitly, or even as a snide remark? Perhaps as a witty aside or even a double entendre? NO.

Sheesh. :rolleyes:
Did I jam anything down anybody's throat? No, I didn't. All I did was state my opinion but I guess i can't do that either in case it offends someone. I'd say if I offended, that I'm sorry but I'm not. If I offended somebody, well, be that as it may be. I'm tired of "Religion" dictating to me what I can and can't do. It's nothing personal, I still have a number of "christian" friends, as well as many other religious beliefs. I still have lunch or dinner with a number of christian friends fairly often including two are pastors.

I guess the statement "Sure way to start a fight is to bring in religion and politics." is true. So how 'bout them liberals...
focusracer,Feb 7 2008, 05:41 PM Wrote:Did I jam anything down anybody's throat? No, I didn't. All I did was state my opinion but I guess i can't do that either in case it offends someone. I'd say if I offended, that I'm sorry but I'm not. If I offended somebody, well, be that as it may be. I'm tired of "Religion" dictating to me what I can and can't do. It's nothing personal, I still have a number of "christian" friends, as well as many other religious beliefs. I still have lunch or dinner with a number of christian friends fairly often including two are pastors.

I guess the statement "Sure way to start a fight is to bring in religion and politics." is true. So how 'bout them liberals...
[right][snapback]257618[/snapback][/right]
No offense taken. I'm just showing the other side of the coin. Discussions are always welcome, just don't say anything bad about my Mom :D :D
NOS2Go4Me,Feb 7 2008, 03:59 PM Wrote:Why do people always read into things that aren't there to begin with? Did I say that explicitly, or even as a snide remark? Perhaps as a witty aside or even a double entendre? NO.

Sheesh. :rolleyes:
[right][snapback]257614[/snapback][/right]
As I said to Focusracer, I'm just showing the other side of the coin, getting discussions going, no real intent to upset or piss anyone off, just being an "old man" who has seen a few things. Besides, I really think Scorpion meant this thread to be a bit of humour.
oldeguy,Feb 7 2008, 11:33 PM Wrote:As I said to Focusracer, I'm just showing the other side of the coin, getting discussions going, no real intent to upset or piss anyone off, just being an "old man" who has seen a few things. Besides, I really think Scorpion meant this thread to be a bit of humour.
[right][snapback]257638[/snapback][/right]

Absolutely meant just as humour. It was the way it was written that got me...the old 'turn their words against them' trick.

Amazing what one lil-ol'-post can do :lol: :lol: