FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: The News Is In...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Images Thanks to [FJ], watched the episode the other day. It was actually good because they didn't have any rent-a-hookers :)

What they did with the 08 really makes me want one now.
[Image: fs_stc.jpg]
[Image: contenders.jpg]
[Image: frontshot.jpg]
[Image: enginebay.jpg]
[Image: rearshot.jpg]
Not bad from the back... But the front is so ugly.
I'd trade my car for it :)
^^^i would too hahaha

but seriosly i love the look of it.....and what did it do on the dyno?
In stock form, the new focus is fugly. If i could buy a focus that looks like the focussport one straight from a dealer, now that would be something i'd be willing to do.
habmann,Feb 3 2008, 10:38 PM Wrote:In stock form, the new focus is fugly. If i could buy a focus that looks like the focussport one straight from a dealer, now that would be something i'd be willing to do.
[right][snapback]257358[/snapback][/right]

ur right....it takes a fat wallet to make it look and perform like FS Focus B)
hardk0re,Feb 3 2008, 11:27 PM Wrote:I'd trade my car for it :)
[right][snapback]257355[/snapback][/right]
I wouldnt, maybe the power plant, but thats about it. Really doesnt do anything for me.

Dont get me wrong, they did an amazing job with it, just not for me at all.
hardk0re,Feb 3 2008, 08:50 PM Wrote:It was actually good because they didn't have any rent-a-hookers :)

You suck :P
did it actually beat the modified EVO in performance tests?

like.. raw performance numbers? or did they do some weird indexing like the autoX PAX system to even out the different starting points of the cars?
I love the fact they blacked out the front grille, I always thought that most of the newer Fords looked like crap with all that crome..
I think the evo was 500something HP while the focus was 300something. So the EVO walked all over the focus on the track. They had a bunch of other rankings like stopping, etc which helped the focus out allot.

There was no side by side racing, everything appeared one at a time deal, and they compared against the stock results to make things fair.

i guess 130hp to 300hp is more of a 'gain' than 280hp to 500hp so the focus 'wins' that.. and big brakes and stickies on a 2700lb car stop you 'faster' than those same brakes and stickies on a 3300lb car.. so the focus 'wins' that too.. i guess that makes sense if you think of it that way

i like those tuner comparisons like one lap of america better.. basically who can get the best raw times and who doesn't break..if it was my $ not sure i would trust an aftermarket turbo setup with 3x stock power over a modified factory turbo setup that is proven to handle big power easily

EDIT: i feel like with a testing like this 'tuner challenge' the OP posted about its pretty much.. "boost that sh1t up it only has to last a couple of hours"
Its focussport were talking about here...that car is porbably just as reliable as the mitsu ;)
Focus sport had a 301% increase on the dyno and Skunk 2 evo only had 260 something % increase so it won the dyno challenge it won 2nd place for the exterior to the mini 1st in the interior and thanks to ford s***ty stock brakes had the best increae brake distance but the evo ripped it up in the track

all and all FS was the only team to actually follow the guidlines they did everything inhouse except for piant which they still helped out evn drove there own car when the other teams farmed out alot of work

Congrats Focus Sport
This is awesome news, but more than likely their business will go up and I'll have to wait longer for my new Turbo.

Oh well. :rolleyes:
Flofocus,Feb 4 2008, 06:05 PM Wrote:Its focussport were talking about here...that car is porbably just as reliable as the mitsu ;)
[right][snapback]257392[/snapback][/right]

i'm sure the tuner is excellent.. i'm concerned that the components themselves will not hold up

like.. the 'generally accepted' torque limit of the stock sube 5spd gearbox is 300wtq. if you are playing at that power level its possible to eat a gear just from rolling on the throttle in 3rd gear.. no matter who tunes it.. prodrive, scoobysport, insert your fav tuner here.. there's just a fundamental limit to the part

not trying to knock their work.. just curious if the car will hold up to actual grassroots motorsport usage (ie drive to track, beat on car for many hours, drive home) or if some high pullz with the boyz and dragz at the lights y0 is all the car is good for

Pretty sure its built tranny, forged internals...etc
They dont fawk around.
yaa they opened it up and put a LSD and serious cluth and flywheel i love how people talk about the show if they haven't even watched it
can somebody put a link to a complete show.....id love to watch it

thank you
NikiterZTS,Feb 5 2008, 01:16 PM Wrote:can somebody put a link to a complete show.....id love to watch it

thank you
[right][snapback]257456[/snapback][/right]

me too

Congrats FS
Pages: 1 2