FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Indecision
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay, I work for a certain large School Board, that decided very early this morning to cancel bus service, but keep it's schools open. So, I do the 50 km commute, because part of my job is snow removal. Around noon, the Director decides to close the schools, 'cause it's too dangerous for the little darlins' to get home, if school stayed opened until the regular closing. However, all staff were sent home as well, except for those that are essential and those that have a Daycare still open. Guess what.... I'm essential, and have a Daycare, but, my Evening staff get to stay home :unsure: So, I get to stay until the Daycare closes, around 6:00. However, now it's Overtime, so it isn't all bad. Thanks for letting me rant.
yaa that sucks they should just let everyone go
Ran into something like that today...

I was scheduled to get my new health card done (Bye bye Peterson era OHIP Card) but as the weather went into the dumpster this morning I try calling the info line to see whether the office was in fact open due to the weather (say that five times fast)

Can't get through in the AM (this is while I'm at work, half the staff haven't shown the rest want to bail as it's going bonkers outside) try again in the PM and get a chirpy girl who assures me that as far as she knew the office was still open and my appointment was still set for 3:45pm...

Not wanting to risk having to wait another two weeks for an appointment, I went in and lo and behold they're still there but on the edge of mutiny as the weather is getting even crappier...

Makes me glad I have a decent boss lemme tell ya...

NefCanuck
and what type of weather are they closing schools for and people bailing on work.
It's Toronto, land of the chickens, 20-30 cm snow
i got to work for 8am and left at 2pm
My "whine" is more about the indecision of the people making the big decisions.
they don't close the schools here unless its a full on blizzard where its -50 and you can't see 200 feet in front of you. Although we still have university classes in this weather.
FocusGuy7476,Feb 2 2008, 12:42 PM Wrote:they don't close the schools here unless its a full on blizzard where its -50 and you can't see 200 feet in front of you. Although we still have university classes in this weather.
[right][snapback]257314[/snapback][/right]

-50 and full on blizzard? can that happen? :lol:

Ottawa got the full on blizzard, 35cm of snow. Thats a good reson to keep buses off the road to me. Keep the children safe.
Flofocus,Feb 2 2008, 06:20 PM Wrote:-50 and full on blizzard?  can that happen?  :lol:
[right][snapback]257316[/snapback][/right]

It happened on Monday and Tuesday. that was when the two children froze to death here.