FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: My Day At The Dealership
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I gotta say, having the car serviced today for warranty work was a dream. I don't often visit the dealer as most of you may know, my son is a mechanic and does most of the automotive chores for FREE. Which is great. But I decided to take the warranty/Free work to the dealer today and what a pleasant surprise.
I was greeted by a service writer, given a cup of coffee, taken by shuttle home(there were 2 shuttles available), picked up at the predetermined time I asked for, and when I got there, they had done more than I asked for and pointed out minor issues, that at a later time could be dealt with at no cost to me.

And the bill.............ZIP NADA.

All in all I would highly recommend Discovery in Burlington.
let me guess, warranty work for Lincoln and not your FORD, right?
mo_focus,Jan 30 2008, 07:39 PM Wrote:let me guess, warranty work for Lincoln and not your FORD, right?
[right][snapback]257156[/snapback][/right]
Stuff that the previous owner didn't fix that he broke or thought it would cost him money.............dummy........and i wrangled a few bucks out of him for it. The ashtray didn't open and a rear license plate bulb socket was corroded.
No, but what i'm asking is if it's for the lincoln or ford, reason why i'm asking they usually treat lincoln owners better then ford, i guess its bc its thier high end cars.

mo_focus,Jan 31 2008, 01:19 AM Wrote:No, but what i'm asking is if it's for the lincoln or ford, reason why i'm asking they usually treat lincoln owners better then ford, i guess its bc its thier high end cars.
[right][snapback]257161[/snapback][/right]

word i assumed the exact the same thing when i read your first post

so are you melincoln4u now?
mo_focus,Jan 30 2008, 08:19 PM Wrote:No, but what i'm asking is if it's for the lincoln or ford, reason why i'm asking they usually treat lincoln owners better then ford, i guess its bc its thier high end cars.
[right][snapback]257161[/snapback][/right]

Depends on the dealer, mine is Erinwood Ford in Mississauga and they've always been aces at the service end of things with me (There's at least one mechanic there that's on retard juice I think though <_<)

NefCanuck
Well couple of years ago I took my uncle's Escalade to the GM dealership. They treated me like I was the king. Gave me coffee, newspaper, remote control for the TV. Service took about 30min. It was just an oil change.

When it was all done they went to bring my car around for me, as I was waiting, there was this old lady who had an old Oldsmobile. She saw me and started bitching about the service level in this dealership and how they made her wait for 1.5hr for an oil change. They also told her that her car was ready in the back and she had to go and get it herself. So she asked me how the service was? :D

I said it was actually good, you should have seen her face when she saw the service guy bringing my Escalade for me :)

I guess that’s what I was getting at.
Buy a Lincoln and you get better service? I'll tell you what. I have to take the truck in for a long overdue recall. I'll update then.

I have to think you get equal service. Maybe just me being gullable, but AnthonyD loves this dealership and they have been nothing but top notch for me.. And he don't own no Lincoln.
meford4u,Jan 31 2008, 03:06 AM Wrote:Buy a Lincoln and you get better service?  I'll tell you what.  I have to take the truck in for a long overdue recall.  I'll update then.

I have to think you get equal service.  Maybe just me being gullable, but AnthonyD loves this dealership and they have been nothing but top notch for me.. And he don't own no Lincoln.
[right][snapback]257172[/snapback][/right]

doesn't he also have a stack of service records like 100000 pages deep? maybe they love him because he is keeping a couple of their techs employed from all the service $$ his focus brings in? :D
meford4u,Jan 30 2008, 07:58 PM Wrote:I gotta say, having the car serviced today for warranty work was a dream.  I don't often visit the dealer as most of you may know, my son is a mechanic and does most of the automotive chores for FREE.  Which is great.  But I decided to take the warranty/Free work to the dealer today and what a pleasant surprise.
I was greeted by a service writer, given a cup of coffee, taken by shuttle home(there were 2 shuttles available), picked up at the predetermined time I asked for, and when I got there, they had done more than I asked for and pointed out minor issues, that at a later time could be dealt with at no cost to me.

And the bill.............ZIP NADA.

All in all I would highly recommend Discovery in Burlington.
[right][snapback]257148[/snapback][/right]

I've been saying this dealership has great service for YEARS.

Great dealership!
naz,Jan 31 2008, 01:34 AM Wrote:
meford4u,Jan 31 2008, 03:06 AM Wrote:Buy a Lincoln and you get better service?  I'll tell you what.  I have to take the truck in for a long overdue recall.  I'll update then.

I have to think you get equal service.  Maybe just me being gullable, but AnthonyD loves this dealership and they have been nothing but top notch for me.. And he don't own no Lincoln.
[right][snapback]257172[/snapback][/right]

doesn't he also have a stack of service records like 100000 pages deep? maybe they love him because he is keeping a couple of their techs employed from all the service $$ his focus brings in? :D
[right][snapback]257177[/snapback][/right]

Build quality and service are 2 different things.
that is certainly something if you have the base model car and they treat you the same as if you owned the bling bling car
Maybe I'll check them out sometime in the future. If it is better now then I guess Frank the advisor is no longer there?

Ford,Linc,Merc all the same. I have had plenty of good experiences with the Ford and Merc, but meanwhile my coworker has had nothing but terrible service with his $75k Linc LS.
Some people are lucky and some have no luck. <_<

**Edit** Ford Canada headquarters doesn't appreciate anything I have to say unless it's good for Ford.
Haha yea I guess bringing in a ford or lincoln is alright but when I brought in my Mom's Lexus RX350 for service, they said that it was gonna be a few hours (they had to wait on some sensor from the warehouse or something) so they asked me what car I would like to take back to my mom for the afternoon......... I took a Pebble Beach Edition SC430...... all I can say is wow.
CanadaSVT,Jan 31 2008, 01:32 PM Wrote:Maybe I'll check them out sometime in the future.  If it is better now then I guess Frank the advisor is no longer there? 

Ford,Linc,Merc all the same.  I have had plenty of good experiences with the Ford and Merc, but meanwhile my coworker has had nothing but terrible service with his $75k Linc LS.
Some people are lucky and some have no luck.  <_<

**Edit** Ford Canada headquarters doesn't appreciate anything I have to say unless it's good for Ford.
[right][snapback]257194[/snapback][/right]
Frank is still there and I dealt with him personally yesterday.
meford4u,Jan 31 2008, 03:50 PM Wrote:Frank is still there and I dealt with him personally yesterday.
Tell him Mr.Kennedy appreciates him not calling customers at home anymore since he is unable to take the s*** he deserves... and then cries like a baby to some grunt in relations at the glasshouse.

If you like him I guess someone kicking his ass helped tons!
i wish my mom drove a Lexus
NikiterZTS,Feb 1 2008, 12:16 AM Wrote:i wish my mom drove a Lexus
[right][snapback]257207[/snapback][/right]

sell your focus and pick up an IS300? used cars so cheap no reason not to get what you really want to drive
Small rant...what the "fawk" is wrong with wanting a "fawkin" Focus?
nothing at all.. everyone just wants different stuff that's all
Pages: 1 2