FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Foglight Woes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The nurse who comes in daily, to look after my wife, drives a 2003 ZX5. Her foglights burnt out a while ago, and she took it to Ford and was told that it would be $450.00 or so to fix it, because the whole system was cooked. she was told it wasn't the bulbs or relays. Could this be a wiring issue or a scamming issue?
could be a scaming issue even if it was wiring its prob just a new conector and lines
I would start with the bulbs. How mush could it be, $20.00 for a new set. If they work, problem solved and ford is scamming her. If not your only out a small amount of money and you can save the bulbs till there needed again.

Let us know how she makes out.
Well, assuming a second opinion confirms the first (That everything is indeed BBQ'ed) $400 to replace everything would be, I think, a reasonable deal at Ford's shop rates.

But as others have said, check the cheapest things first, that being bulbs, no work, swap 'em out and then proceed from there.

NefCanuck
or simple and cheapest don't drive with fog lights anymore
well if it's the bulbs then it's the bulbs, I had one connection plug corrode and I replaced it with one from the wreakers and it works fine now, cost $5
Frost__2001,Jan 25 2008, 01:22 PM Wrote:well if it's the bulbs then it's the bulbs, I had one connection plug corrode and I replaced it with one from the wreakers and it works fine now, cost $5
[right][snapback]256816[/snapback][/right]

Why dont you take it some where eles. Or even go get a 9 dollar bulb and see what happenes. B)
Or if u have a volt meter, open the light, pop out the lamp, attach voltmeter probes and switch on fogs....if u get volts, then it's just lamps.

Isn't there also a relay for the fogs? Could be that too, or even...a fuse? (I don't have fogs, so don't know).