FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Need Go Train Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, so I'm a public transit idiot. But, I need to get from the far east end of the city to Oakville so I can pick up a truck. I live out near Belleville, but a guy at work lives in Whitby, and is willing to give me a lift into the GTA after work.

Tomorrow he is planning on leaving Cobourg at 3:30, probably get to Whitby by 4:30. I need to get to the dealership in Oakville before 6:00 when they close.

Can that be done? What train do I need to get on? Am I practically going to be able to do it, or is it impossible? ie: are there transfers, but trains will be full, I'll end up missing my connection, waiting in line for the next train, etc...

I've looked at the schedules, but they're not very friendly for newbies, and I also don't understand the *reality* of how the trains work.

My only other option is to catch the 1:30 VIA out of Cobourg and gets me to Oakville by 4:00. But that costs $40 which is retarded...
That will be cutting it close. Did you try to map out a route on the go site.......you will most likely be hitting the Bronte station.
The trains don't go thru Union during rush hour. You will need to switch trains at Union. It would take me 1.5 hours to get from Etobicoke to Scarborough during rush hour including waiting at union to switch trains. It might be safer for you to leave earlier just to be safe. You will also need to watch out for delays. Use your best judgement.
Thanks guys, that's about what I expected....

Guess I will either have to take the Via right from Cobourg at 1:30, or get a lift into Oshawa on Saturday and take the Go train from there.
yeah, unfortunately, according to the GO schedule, the train leaves whitby at 4:30pm and arrives in Oakville at 6:03pm (no transfers).. so you'll have to do it on Saturday.

Unfortunately, can't offer you a lift from Cobourg, but if you get closer to Toronto, I could give ya a lift to Oakville.