FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Rogers Cable Tv Silliness
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As some of you are Rogers Cable TV customers you may find the following both interesting and grounds to scramble to check your bills to see if Rogers is dinging you twice.

So last night I get a lovely notice from Rogers saying that my TV package is going up in price to, in their words "contually improve our offerings and provide you with even more choice" :rolleyes:

As I'm reviewing how much more it's going to cost me versus my last bill, I realized "Waitasec, LeafsTV was added to my package last year... I'm paying TWICE for the same bloody channel!" :blink:

So this morning I get on the horn and after going through their interactive voice response system (Which is Satan spawned I swear <_<) get to a CSR and explain the issue. A few minutes later she comes back and does a credit (I think she may have credited too much, but I'll check again when I have a chance)

But the question remains: If LeafsTV was added to the package, why didn't their system automatically deduct the cost of it from my bill? Sloppy programming of their billing system, or a deliberate act to see how many people qwould just keep paying double (for nothing :P)

NefCanuck
great tip ill be checking that i was told there jacking up the price again i think its time to go to special satelite ;)
I cancelled rogers cable I can't justify spending over $50 for TV, and yes even BASIC analog cable almost comes to $50 after tax with rogers.

ZX3_2NV,Jan 22 2008, 12:19 PM Wrote:great tip ill be checking that i was told there jacking up the price again i think its time to go to special satelite ;)
[right][snapback]256542[/snapback][/right]

do it bro...well worth it

i installed 2 satelite dishes on my backyard :P
^^ i would agree.. best thing and for free
double post...sorry
NefCanuck,Jan 22 2008, 01:15 PM Wrote:As some of you are Rogers Cable TV customers you may find the following both interesting and grounds to scramble to check your bills to see if Rogers is dinging you twice.

So last night I get a lovely notice from Rogers saying that my TV package is going up in price to, in their words "contually improve our offerings and provide you with even more choice" :rolleyes:

As I'm reviewing how much more it's going to cost me versus my last bill, I realized "Waitasec, LeafsTV was added to my package last year... I'm paying TWICE for the same bloody channel!" :blink:

So this morning I get on the horn and after going through their interactive voice response system (Which is Satan spawned I swear <_<) get to a CSR and explain the issue.  A few minutes later she comes back and does a credit (I think she may have credited too much, but I'll check again when I have a chance)

But the question remains:  If LeafsTV was added to the package, why didn't their system automatically deduct the cost of it from my bill?  Sloppy programming of their billing system, or a deliberate act to see how many people qwould just keep paying double (for nothing :P)

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]256540[/snapback][/right]
Blasted VIP Extra Pack will be the death of me. I just had a look, and you're not the only one...

Edit : This will be looked into...