FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Took A Trip To Ford Today
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Started with the Flex Limited.

WHat a Nice ride, The Brakes Feel Huge , Stops on a Dime. Needs the Ecoboost Power to be more fun.

Next was the Taurus. Not much to say about it but DAMN Nice job Ford, Fun from leaving the parking lot all the way back.

Then Came the Fusion (Will be my Next wip)

I took the Sport for a spin And did alot of spinning.
The car has alot of Balls, Handles great, HAs alot of room, Looks sweet.

So I think im going with the Fusion.

So i need some help... Are 20" rims too big for a Fusion? The 18s Look OK, But i would use them for Winter.

20s will work assuming the centre bore and bolt patterns match (any recent Mustang rim for example goes on like cake)

20s won't give you much cushioning from the tire though. That's getting dangerously close to "rubber band" territory on a Fusion.

NefCanuck
if only the sport came in eco-boost, that car would be so beast.
Spinal,May 1 2010, 08:55 AM Wrote:if only the sport came in eco-boost, that car would be so beast.
[right][snapback]306176[/snapback][/right]

Take the motor from the SHO... Ecoboost Fusion.

Now im thinking dirty thoughts again.
It's my understanding that Ford does plan to build an Ecoboost Fusion, but it's hard to say if it will be a 4 cyl or the V6...

As far as the Ecoboost Flex goes...that car is pure sex, as far as soccer dad/mom cars go. Interior like a Lincoln or Cadillac, driveline like a Mustang (the Ecoboost 3.5L is a Sledgehammer of an engine!), and agility similar to the Fusion...
Chromey,May 1 2010, 12:34 PM Wrote:Take the motor from the SHO... Ecoboost Fusion.

[right][snapback]306185[/snapback][/right]
Sorry, won't fit.
OAC_Sparky,May 1 2010, 03:08 PM Wrote:
Chromey,May 1 2010, 12:34 PM Wrote:Take the motor from the SHO... Ecoboost Fusion.

Sorry, won't fit.
[right][snapback]306190[/snapback][/right]

Nope.

I actually did check into it semi seriously though. I mean a first gen Fusion with an EcoBoost under the hood? Holy Sleeper Batman :ph34r:

Looks like if I want to seriously perk up my ride I'm stuck waiting on the S/C.

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,May 1 2010, 03:48 PM Wrote:

Sorry, won't fit.

Nope.

I actually did check into it semi seriously though. I mean a first gen Fusion with an EcoBoost under the hood? Holy Sleeper Batman :ph34r:

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]306192[/snapback][/right]
Nef Your Rocking a Fusion Now right...
Between Ken and yourself, Im sure I can get myself in a bit of trouble.
Any deals on the Fusions right now, Lease over on the FiveHundred in July.
My father is thinking keep or Upgrade but not in the sense of getting the same size car.
Scorcher000,May 1 2010, 06:29 PM Wrote:Any deals on the Fusions right now, Lease over on the FiveHundred in July.
My father is thinking keep or Upgrade but not in the sense of getting the same size car.
[right][snapback]306197[/snapback][/right]

Don't know of anything other than the advertised regional deals right now.

Would he be looking at a purchase or a lease?

NefCanuck
Chromey,May 1 2010, 04:02 PM Wrote:
NefCanuck,May 1 2010, 03:48 PM Wrote:

Sorry, won't fit.

Nope.

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]306192[/snapback][/right]
Nef Your Rocking a Fusion Now right...
Between Ken and yourself, Im sure I can get myself in a bit of trouble.
[right][snapback]306193[/snapback][/right]

Yep, though Ken is toning his Fusion down a tad now that he has a track car to play with ;)

NefCanuck
Scorcher000,May 1 2010, 07:29 PM Wrote:Any deals on the Fusions right now, Lease over on the FiveHundred in July.
I can get you an X-Plan discount.
(05-03-2010, 03:19 AM)OAC_Sparky Wrote: [ -> ]
Scorcher000,May 1 2010, 07:29 PM Wrote:Any deals on the Fusions right now, Lease over on the FiveHundred in July.
I can get you an X-Plan discount.

WHat is a X-plan Discount?
(05-04-2010, 10:18 PM)Chromey Wrote: [ -> ]WHat is a X-plan Discount?

It's what Ford employees can give to other people.

It is a fixed price (new cars only) that it non-negotiable, but it can be combined with most existing incentives. You also don't get charged documentation fees nor for dealer prep BUT you are still required to pay destination fees and taxes.

It is between A-Plan (employee price) and Retail and is worked out as:

Invoice Price - (Invoice Price * 0.4%) + $275

ie. 2010 Fusion Sport AWD

Sticker: $37829 + $1350 destination = $39179
X-Plan: $37066 destination included.

Eligible as of May 1 for:
-$1000 Costco member discount (must have been a member as of Apr. 30/10)
-Recycle Your Ride Program (up to $3000 for your car older than 2005)
- Ford's 5-0 Event
---0% Financing up to 60 months
---$0 First month payment (Ford pays the first month ie Fusion up to $750)
---$0 Downpayment
---$0 Security Deposit
---$0 Due on delivery

Note that this incentive program is only eligible at the moment until June 30th.

X-PLAN purchases require the employee sponsor to generate a Personal Indentification Number (PIN) for each sale. PINs are available only through the X-PLAN System. To obtain a PIN, the customer's full legal name, address, and the last four numbers of their Social Insurance Number are required.

Vehicles purchased under the X-Plan must be titled in the name of the eligible participant and kept in their possession for 6 months.
Good god, that price for a 2010 Fusion Sport AWD is within a few dollars of what I paid for my Fusion back in '08 (only difference is the taxes) Dodgy

Oh well, not like I need (or want) a new car ATM anyways Tongue

NefCanuck
(05-05-2010, 12:00 AM)NefCanuck Wrote: [ -> ]Good god, that price for a 2010 Fusion Sport AWD is within a few dollars of what I paid for my Fusion back in '08 (only difference is the taxes) Dodgy

Oh well, not like I need (or want) a new car ATM anyways Tongue

NefCanuck

That's not including tax but includes:

FUSION SPORT AWD
BRILLIANT SILVER
SPORT BLACK LTHR SEATING

OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT
3.5L 4V V6 DURATEC ENGINE
6-SPEED AUTO TRANSMISSION
REMOTE START SYSTEM
EATC AIR CONDITIONING
NAVIGATION SYSTEM
Only thing that has over mine is the NAV. Delete that, add two grand more for the taxes and cripes if I bought now I'd have 40more HP stock then I did back then Dodgy

But IIRC to get the really cool toys like the BLIS system on the Sport you have to buy the $4k "tech package" right? Huh

NefCanuck
I found some Demos today for 28K LOADED... Nav included.

Im still having a hard time with a Auto Tranny though... Will i like it?
(05-05-2010, 06:25 AM)Chromey Wrote: [ -> ]I found some Demos today for 28K LOADED... Nav included.

Im still having a hard time with a Auto Tranny though... Will i like it?

If you can find one with the manumatic mode it might not hurt so bad, or so I've been told Tongue

NefCanuck
DodgyYa, thanx for the info... but they gave my dad a price of $6500 for the FiveHundred. So we are keeping it. It's a dam good car and a Caddy wishes it was this nice lol Big Grin.

Just thought we would try and get something newer.Dodgy
Pages: 1 2