FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Ford To Sell Edge Crossover In Brazil
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ford to sell Edge crossover in Brazil
Jan. 18. 2008
Source: Ford Media

Ford has announced that it will sell its Edge crossover in Brazil in 2008. The Edge helped to increase Ford's crossover sales by 63% in the U.S. in 2007, a trend the automaker hopes to extend to Brazil next year. Ford increased its sales by 20.7% in Brazil last year. American cars are still popular in South America, and Ford's Fusion sedan, which went on sale in Brazil last year, is the current midsize segment leader.

"Ford is on a roll in South America, and our plan is to use our global product strengths to accelerate the introduction of more products that people really want and value around the world," said Mark Fields, Ford's president of The Americas.

Fields continued: "Last year saw a new EcoSport compact utility set the pace in South America. With the arrival of the Edge and other products this year such as the new Ka, the Ford showroom in Brazil will offer the widest range of choice for customers in our history."

Ford also plans to invest $1 billion in its Brazilian operations over the next four years.
We started the EURO model in late December. It's a little different from what I have seen with the inclusion of repeaters in the fenders.
meford4u,Jan 18 2008, 06:20 PM Wrote:We started the EURO model in late December.  It's a little different from what I have seen with the inclusion of repeaters in the fenders.
[right][snapback]256391[/snapback][/right]
Maybe they should send you on a company paid for trip to Brazil, to explain the manufacturing process to the beach bunnies in Rio B)
I'm sure they also changed the tail lights for the required amber turns in the rear, and rear foglights.