FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Great... Rust
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So. I was checking my tire pressures today... And I happened to notice that my right 1/4 panel is starting to bubble around the wheel well... And all four "lips" are chipped to s**t. Do I have to re-paint the whole car, or can I just get the lips/and right 1/4 panel painted?

ps. I will get some pics tomorrow.
you can have just the problem area's touched up.
your best bet is to have it touched up and them spray stone gaurd on the interior wheel wells to keep from chipping again.
castone,Jan 17 2008, 08:24 PM Wrote:you can have just the problem area's touched up.
your best bet is to have it touched up and them spray stone gaurd on the interior wheel wells to keep from chipping again.
[right][snapback]256331[/snapback][/right]

That's the problem. It looks like someone already touched it up... Rather poorly.
You might get away with just painting the areas for now, but silver is such a tough colour to match that I doubt it will come out perfect.

If it isn't that bad for now, live with it until it needs attention and then have a reputable shop attend to it, but don't cheap out as you'll just end up doing it again.
Yes. That is a good point. I have been playing with the idea of painting it blue... But I don't really have the budget for that. lol

I really need a better paying job. LOL!!!!
well don't feel bad my 2001 Focus needs repairs to the trunk lid again, I came to the conclusion that it's easier to replace the trunk lid in my case...

also on the hatch under the rear glass is another problem area to watch out for too.
Yea..... I'm sure EVERYONES getting the bubbling paint at the edges of the hatch strip.

I'm getting a bit of rust around the ford symbol :( MY BABY CAN'T BE RUSTING AWAY ALREADY!!
So in other words.... UH OH I better get MAACO? LMAO