FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Wtb: Xcal2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've got some extra money coming, so I'm looking to get a decent used Xcal 2.

Computer code: RLA1
i have one....but the code is different from yours
i think most codes are different but it still should work
ZX3_2NV,Jan 17 2008, 12:58 PM Wrote:i think most codes are different but it still should work
[right][snapback]256295[/snapback][/right]

I don't think that's correct, as I understand it, if you try flashing an ECU with an incorrect program you'll end up "bricking" the ECU and may not be able to reflash it back to stock, meaning a trip to the dealer or a salvage yard for a stock ECU.

NefCanuck
ok so how come when you buy an Xcal 2 dealer doesn't ask you for a code when you buy it in the 1st place
I dont know about xcal, but when I bought my diablo, it was one of their 1st questions "whats the ecu code?"
ZX3_2NV,Jan 18 2008, 01:58 PM Wrote:ok so how come when you buy an Xcal 2 dealer doesn't ask you for a code when you buy it in the 1st place
[right][snapback]256377[/snapback][/right]

They would ask you if you were buying a program, but if you're just buying the Xcal2 they don't care because the Xcal2 blank can be attached to any car that it is compatable with.

If you're buying a tune they have to know your code in order to program for the spark table etc. of that particular ECU.

NefCanuck