FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Buh Bye Accord!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Pick up our 06 Impreza WRX Saturday. manual, 21 000km, Rally blue. Its replacing the accord. Focus is no longer for sale, I'm keeping her.

Can't wait, I'm so pumped :D :D :D

And here you go....I'll save you the hassle,

:postpics:

will update on Saturday with pics...but I'm sure you all know what a stock 06 impreza looks like. :P
nice!!!!

2 of 3 cars AWD
2 of 3 cars Turbo

edit:

Manual or Autotragic???
SWEET!

Now I really need to make my focus fast now! haha
focusonthis_88,Jan 15 2008, 12:16 PM Wrote:SWEET!

[right][snapback]256145[/snapback][/right]

Your focus is probably as fast as the WRX.

1st thing I said when hammering it on my test drive:

Quote:Needs bigger turbo

:lol:
Congrats on the wrx
itll def be my next car when im done paying for the focus
congrats Flo
Flofocus,Jan 15 2008, 04:31 PM Wrote:
focusonthis_88,Jan 15 2008, 12:16 PM Wrote:SWEET!

[right][snapback]256145[/snapback][/right]

Your focus is probably as fast as the WRX.

1st thing I said when hammering it on my test drive:

Quote:Needs bigger turbo

[right][snapback]256146[/snapback][/right]

dude congrats!

good choice going with the 2.5L motor.. 02-05 wrx with the 2.0L motor are kinda slow without mods :(

EDIT: did you get a wagon? if you got a sedan why not go whole hog and get the STi?
Thanks guys...

No naz, no wagon, wife took enough convicing to get a manual, and she dont like wagons!

I could have gone down to the states and got an sti for the same price, but this deal was to good to pass up with less headaches. Similar wrx's with similar mileage go for about ~29k, and i got it for much less than that taxes in. :)

...and I dont have very much free time lately with the projects going on at work and applying for the fire department.
oooh you lucky
i really really want one of those

p.s. i test drove the '08 WRX on the weekend
NikiterZTS,Jan 15 2008, 03:21 PM Wrote:oooh you lucky
i really really want one of those

p.s. i test drove the '08 WRX on the weekend
[right][snapback]256165[/snapback][/right]

ya but the new body style of the subarus is nasty! I hate what they've done to the front headlights.

[Image: 2008-subaru-impreza-wrx-hatch-front.jpg]

Looks so bland and plain!

THIS is the subaru I know! :D

[Image: subaru_impreza_08_05_05.jpg]
i never said i liked it or wanted to buy it......simply a test drive......

i agree on the new body style and i don't like it eaither
Congrats on the WRX, its such a nice car.
Flofocus,Jan 15 2008, 07:44 PM Wrote:I could have gone down to the states and got an sti for the same price, ..

...and I dont have very much free time lately with the projects going on at work and applying for the fire department.
[right][snapback]256157[/snapback][/right]

word. next time your buddies are in a similar situation give me a call. i'll find the car (i live in CA so everything here is hella clean) help you with the shipping and importing and then we can split the savings. w00t

and for you guys ragging on the '08 sube hatch... you don't buy WRX because they are pretty :)

on a random note.. i'm sure you already know all this but '04 and up WRX have weird open loop/closed loop delay for emissions purposes.. so don't mod without having aftermarket EM first

also, i dont read much about it because i have a '02 but '06 and up WRX need increase flow to the WG to prevent spiking and boost creep when modded.. its a mechanical fix that is needed in addition to aftermarket EM

thread
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/archive/in...p/t-934999.html

naz,Jan 15 2008, 07:14 PM Wrote:
Flofocus,Jan 15 2008, 07:44 PM Wrote:I could have gone down to the states and got an sti for the same price, ..

[right][snapback]256157[/snapback][/right]

word. next time your buddies are in a similar situation give me a call. i'll find the car (i live in CA so everything here is hella clean) help you with the shipping and importing and then we can split the savings. w00t

and for you guys ragging on the '08 sube hatch... you don't buy WRX because they are pretty :)

on a random note.. i'm sure you already know all this but '04 and up WRX have weird open loop/closed loop delay for emissions purposes.. so don't mod without having aftermarket EM first

also, i dont read much about it because i have a '02 but '06 and up WRX need increase flow to the WG to prevent spiking and boost creep when modded.. its a mechanical fix that is needed in addition to aftermarket EM

thread
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/archive/in...p/t-934999.html
[right][snapback]256180[/snapback][/right]
A guy may not buy a car because it is pretty, but his wife sure would. And this car is for his wife, and she choose him(the ugly short PITA that he is) so I am not so surprised she has agreed to such an ugly mug of a car. :lol: ZING!!!!

And I have to agree, for those of you who believe it is too hard or too much of a hassle to import a car from the US, stop and think a while. How long does it take you in your current profession to bring home $5000+ into your household? When it takes half or less that amount of time to organize and buy a car in the States, I'd say that's money in da bank.
meford4u,Jan 16 2008, 01:22 AM Wrote:And I have to agree, for those of you who believe it is too hard or too much of a hassle to import a car from the US, stop and think a while.  ....

When it takes half or less that amount of time to organize and buy a car in the States, I'd say that's money in da bank.
[right][snapback]256183[/snapback][/right]

esp when you have naz in CA to scope out clean, well maintained cars for you :D
Meford send me that site you were talking abou
meford4u,Jan 15 2008, 09:22 PM Wrote:How long does it take you in your current profession to bring home $5000+ into your household? [right][snapback]256183[/snapback][/right]
Counting if you're working 10hrs/7days during Christmas shutdown? :ph34r:

NikiterZTS,Jan 15 2008, 09:33 PM Wrote:Meford send me that site you were talking abou
[right][snapback]256188[/snapback][/right]
do a search you lazy bastard on the site for postings by me with "the search is over" in the title.
We calculated it and I paid about $2000 over US price, once you factor in taxes, the 6.1% for not being built in NA, and the other fees.
SVTGuy02,Jan 15 2008, 07:10 PM Wrote:THIS is the subaru I know! :D

[Image: subaru_impreza_08_05_05.jpg]
[right][snapback]256170[/snapback][/right]

that comes with the 2.0 turbo, I really wanted the STI, but at the very least the 2.5 STI block. With the 06 and up, thats what you get :)
Pages: 1 2