FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Gm To Produce Saturn-badged Opel Corsa?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Frost__2001,Jan 14 2008, 06:09 PM Wrote:Saturn Corsa
[right][snapback]256098[/snapback][/right]

Quote:Its 1.6-liter turbo engine with 141 kW/192 hp..... the maximum torque of 230 Nm is delivered to the front wheels by the standard six-speed transmission. In addition, the standard 'overboost' system can temporarily increase torque by around 15 percent to 266 Nm when required

that sounds like it would be a very nice hatch if it came over with that euro spec drivetrain
is Corsa the same as ASTRA???

or Corsa is smaller, I know Saturn is going to have Astra as of 08, but didnt know about Corsa. I dont think they would bring it over.
mo_focus,Jan 14 2008, 07:01 PM Wrote:is Corsa the same as ASTRA???

or Corsa is smaller, I know Saturn is going to have Astra as of 08, but didnt know about Corsa. I dont think they would bring it over.
[right][snapback]256103[/snapback][/right]

astra is small than corsa

the sucky thing about the euro spec one

Quote:Saturn picked a 1.8-liter Ecotec inline-4 out of Opel's portfolio of Astra engines, a 140-horsepower design introduced in 2006 to coincide with the European Astra's first styling face-lift. Peak torque of 129 pound-feet arrives at 3,800 rpm,

maybe one day?

Quote:Perhaps in time the 178-hp turbocharged 1.6-liter will get the green light for the Saturn Astra Red Line, or possibly the gutsy, 237-hp, turbocharged 2.0-liter slugger fitted to the Vauxhall VXR and Opel OPC versions of the Astra