FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Home Audio Shops In The Gta - Suggestions?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Subject line says it all folks, I decided that should I pass my paralegal exam coming up this Thursday that I would reward myself with a new A/V receiver and I've narrowed down the field to the following candidates that do what I need (3+ HDMI inputs, HDMI 1.3 spec and can work with the TV I have and the speakers I have for now)

Denon AVR-3808

Onkyo TX-SR875

Yamaha RX-V1800

Checked out a local shop here in Mississauga (Tru-Tone Electronics) I got a price on the Denon unit but wanted to see what other shops in the GTA were charging for it (as well as the other contenders)

Any suggestions?

NefCanuck
you could always check out Kromer or Bay Bloor..
There is a great place in Burlington called Faitview Hi-Fi, they service all they sell.
Trutone Electronics is just down the road from you and I buy all my electronics through them. Can't beat their price.

And I like the Denon.

I own one myself.
Sony ES series? If I had to go out and get an amp, that's what I'd get.

As it is my current Sony switches HDMI. Love it.
NOS2Go4Me,Jan 14 2008, 10:51 AM Wrote:Sony ES series? If I had to go out and get an amp, that's what I'd get.

As it is my current Sony switches HDMI. Love it.
[right][snapback]256085[/snapback][/right]

Oddly enough the Sony website doesn't confirm at all whether the ES series is actually HDMI 1.3 compliant (and even the salesman at Trutone didn't know and couldn't find the answer on the dealer website)

In fact Sony was my first choice as I have a Sony TV and a PS3 as I figured this would be a perfect match and the fewest amount of problems (Esp. with the Sony TV being only DVI w/HDCP content protection, so far an HDMI to DVI cable from the PS 3 to the TV works fine)

Another issue with the Sony is the THD number, much higher than the other contenders on my list...

Like shopping for a car, but can't even "test drive" the thing <_<

NefCanuck