FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Tata's Nano: World's Cheapest Car
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Frost__2001,Jan 11 2008, 08:14 AM Wrote:Despite being light on features and short on cost, Tata says that the Nano meets — or exceeds — all safety and emissions regulations. However, with "strong seats" listed as one of the car's safety features, it's unlikely that the Nano would pass safety tests in more developed regions.

and outputs about 30 horsepower.
[right][snapback]255932[/snapback][/right]

WOW I totally wanna see that in a crash test...And a whopping 30 horses might as well push it...

What next take a 6.5 lawnmower engine make it legal on the road and sell it for a hundred bucks!!

This only adds empahsis to the phrase..."Jap Scrap"
looks good. It will be a great car to have for downtown toronto. I wish we could get cars that are ok to drive on the streets, but banned on highways.

02ztsian

girard.k,Jan 11 2008, 07:29 AM Wrote:This only adds empahsis to the phrase..."Jap Scrap"
[right][snapback]255934[/snapback][/right]
You realize that the Tata is made in India?
Saw this and could only go Semi Truck + Tata = Flat Tata...

and I dunno about you but I don't like flat Tata's esp. when I'm part of them :D :ph34r:

NefCanuck
well on the news this morning Tata said that their higher trimed version will offer airbags, air conditioning, alloys, front and optional rear foglights, and a radio with the option of CD or Cassette. they said with those options it would add about $1500 or more to the sticker.
So, we'll be able to go look at some Tata's and not pay for beer?
Great Idea and it looks like the aveo by chevy. Its funny when you see a kid in his Aveo with rice all over it pull beside the focus. For the price you cant beat the tata though
oldeguy,Jan 11 2008, 11:44 AM Wrote:So, we'll be able to go look at some Tata's and not pay for beer?
[right][snapback]255948[/snapback][/right]

Well if you really wanted too, you could buy two of them, and then you'd have your own set of tatas to touch and feel and do what ever you want to them lol... :lol:
can that go up a steep hill? i think its a great idea for an urban runabout/grocery getter.. but needs more power
naz,Jan 11 2008, 02:57 PM Wrote:can that go up a steep hill? i think its a great idea for an urban runabout/grocery getter.. but needs more power
[right][snapback]255957[/snapback][/right]
All you guys who like to boost......there's a new project... a boosted Tata
oldeguy,Jan 11 2008, 03:20 PM Wrote:
naz,Jan 11 2008, 02:57 PM Wrote:can that go up a steep hill? i think its a great idea for an urban runabout/grocery getter.. but needs more power
[right][snapback]255957[/snapback][/right]
All you guys who like to boost......there's a new project... a boosted Tata
[right][snapback]255961[/snapback][/right]
BOOSTED TATA.................... SO FUNNY
i just wanted to write the word tata,

carry on.
Boosted TATA=Bigger TATAS............me like the real TATAS
no wonder the guy decided to make the car in Inida. If he ever came to NA they would bug the s*** out of him with that last name :)

HAHAHA Look how tall the shifter is... its huge...

I say we drop 6 Kicker 04S18XD2 throw 5k watts to each of them sit back and watch the car diss assemble itself..

I gotta admit that car would be fun to drive.. just tear the ever loving s*** out of it...
mister_bin,Jan 13 2008, 07:09 AM Wrote:I gotta admit that car would be fun to drive.. just tear the ever loving s*** out of it...
[right][snapback]256046[/snapback][/right]

30hp isnt fun on a motorcycle i dont see how it would be fun in a car

i think you just pictured riding a tata and immediately thought it was fun based on the name :D
No wonder it's $2500, based on the pictures, drivers side doors are optional.
Nice beefy tow hook on it though, will come in handy when pulling it out of ditches after a gust of wind.
not bad for the price and not sure where u see doors optional the base model has black plastic bumper small steel rims, no radio u have i believ 2 gauges 1 speed and 2 gas

i looked into them quickly we won't see them in canada and us has a slight chance