FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Car And Driver's Top 10 For 2008
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Car and Driver names 10 Best for 2008
January 11, 2008

Ann Arbor, Michigan - Car and Driver magazine has named its 10 Best for 2008, chosen by the magazine's staff following a week of testing of new vehicles.

The vehicles are judged in three general areas, including how well each vehicle performs its intended functions, the most engaging cars in each category, and value. Winners of the previous awards are automatically invited back for testing, along with all-new or significantly upgraded vehicles for 2008. For 2008, all cars had to have a base price no higher than US$72,000, which is 2.5 times the average new-vehicle transaction price as of August 2007, and must be on sale no later than January 2008.

For 2008, the Top 10 were:

BMW 3 Series,
Cadillac CTS,
Chevrolet Corvette,
Chevrolet Malibu,
Honda Accord,
Honda Fit,
Mazda MX-5,
Mazdaspeed3,
Porsche Boxster/Cayman,
Volkswagen GTI.

mind as well make the 3 series a permanant thing. I think its been there every year for the past 10 yrs.
Reposting your own posts or was this a different C&D list?

http://www.focuscanada.net/forum/index.php...topic=22919&hl=
SVT ZX3,Jan 11 2008, 09:49 AM Wrote:Reposting your own posts or was this a different C&D list?

http://www.focuscanada.net/forum/index.php...topic=22919&hl=
[right][snapback]255937[/snapback][/right]

no, they were announcing it then now it's offical ! :lol:
i dont get why the GTi and chevy malibu are on there

EDIT: same with accord
naz,Jan 11 2008, 02:59 PM Wrote:i dont get why the GTi and chevy malibu are on there

[right][snapback]255959[/snapback][/right]

Advertising Dollars
darkpuppet,Jan 11 2008, 03:02 PM Wrote:
naz,Jan 11 2008, 02:59 PM Wrote:i dont get why the GTi and chevy malibu are on there

Advertising Dollars
[right][snapback]255962[/snapback][/right]

QFT. :ph34r: :ph34r:
Whats wrong with the GTI?????? If I was looking for a new performance hatch back, the GTI would be on the short list fo sure.
darkpuppet,Jan 11 2008, 03:02 PM Wrote:

Advertising Dollars
[right][snapback]255962[/snapback][/right]

Ad dollars are reason #1 sure, but this isn't Consumer Reports either. I mean C&D still praises automakers who have serious reliability issues with some of their bigger selling models...

*cough*Toyota Tundra*cough* (Hrm, gotta get that cough checked out :D)

NefCanuck
One of the reasons I bought the focus was because it was on this list. (So was my previous car, as a matter of fact.)

I guess my next car will have to be a Mazadaspeed3.
The GTI is slow a very unrealizable, I have no idea why that car would be on there........and the Malibu is just plain ugly.

Why the f*** is the Honda Fit up there?...
^^ Because they judged it to be the best in its segment? Each of those cars represents the "Best of" their class...

That's not to say that I believe that the Malibu belongs anywhere besides a munitions testing range, but that's the C+D rationale behind it.