FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: What Should I Look For?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My next door neighbour, who is a mechanic, and helps me fix the Focus, wants to buy a Focus Wagon. What should he be looking at in price, etc.?
oldeguy,Jan 7 2008, 09:48 AM Wrote:My next door neighbour, who is a mechanic, and helps me fix the Focus, wants to buy a Focus Wagon. What should he be looking at in price, etc.?
[right][snapback]255715[/snapback][/right]

I would stay away from the 00-01 models. just to many recalls and if the car wasn't properly maintained, it would cause more headaches. Then again...he is a mechanic so that may not be an issue.

Check trader.ca for pricing.
according to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Focus_(North_America)

the 2.3L motor is "Standard on all cars sold in 2003 and 2004 in California, Massachusetts, New York, Vermont, and Maine; optional in other US states."

so i think your buddy should go shopping in the US for a wagon that has the 2.3L motor and manual trans..

i have an 04 ZTW. i really like the ZTW bc it has all the toys. ABS, Traction, heated seats and sunroof. These cars usually dont cost muct more then the SE wagon.

As for the price, since he is a mechanic he should look at something with a little bit of millage so he can get for dirt cheap.
he can get a decent wagon for under 4g's but there probablly mostly spi motors i would stay away from that zetec or if u can find the 2.3