FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Your Gas Mileage...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just got my Focus at Christmas and I am trying to see what kind of mileage I am getting.

How far have you guys driven on a tank of gas?

My last test was only 450KM from full.
city 450, if its just highway i have done 500+
I get between 520 to 540 km per tank on a 2000 Zetec, 130 hp, 2.0L. I found that after I bought my Focus, I liked the feeling accelerating quickly, and driving 130 on the highway. ( I had a piece of junk Buick Regal before). It also could be that your engine isn't broken in yet. I do a combination of city and highway driving
Good to know.

My engine pulls really strong. It has 51,00KM on it so it should be well broken in. Maybe I am just driving like a yahoo still. Also, I didn't drive it right until empty. How many extra KM's do you get once the Low Fuel light comes on?

FocusFreak,Jan 4 2008, 10:16 AM Wrote:Good to know.

My engine pulls really strong.  It has 51,00KM on it so it should be well broken in. Maybe I am just driving like a yahoo still.  Also, I didn't drive it right until empty. How many extra KM's do you get once the Low Fuel light comes on?
[right][snapback]255562[/snapback][/right]

I usually get 50 km or so after the light comes on. I haven't pushed too far past that. Remember though, you have a different engine than I do, so perhaps some of our Duratec experts can jump into the conversation
My gas mileage decreases the more I enjoy my engine. :P

I average about 600 on the hwy (2.0L Duratec, ATX, modded as shown below) and about 400 in the city before the reserve light comes on... if I behave myself for the most part! :P
500-600 depending how boost happy I am. :D
all city driving i get about 425 or so, im not easy on the throttle either lol. on the highway, like the trip i took to huntsville to get my exhaust system i just set it to 100km/h pushed cruise and i got 400kms and only used half a tank =)
i only getting 20mpg city (32km on 3.79 liter)
24mpg highway (39km on 3.79 liter) and this is with 91 octane tuned by focussport..
i found that no matter how much i grannied the car the best fuel econ i could get was around 30mpg in my stock '00 zx3
Best mileage I got on a Focus with the Zetec and Auto was 735 Kms with the criuse control on driving cross north dakota back in 2001.

with the current 2001 Focus with the same engine and 5 speed, I'm avaraging:

350 - 450 City
400 - 530 Highway

and thats without criuse control.
Sounds like I am not too far off then. I think I am just driving with a lead foot.

My Fusion gets better gas mileage and it is a much larger car. Interesting.

I was going to start a post on this today, my gas mileage has gone to sh@t in the last month. I only get between 300-375km to a tank and it is only highway km's! My car is a 07 MTX with 36'000 and all it has that may screw with the mileage is a SRI and exhaust. What is going on???

Help please.
If you focus is an 07 shouldn't you take it back to the dealership?
FocusFreak,Jan 4 2008, 05:33 PM Wrote:If you focus is an 07 shouldn't you take it back to the dealership?
[right][snapback]255597[/snapback][/right]

I think I might do that, but they will probably just say that the SRI is the problem and wont fix anything.
i get about 410km city/highway

for real though, i get crappy milege all the time :(
Depends. '05 ATX with 63K on it now.

If I'm on the highway and don't play, I can hit about 550km with a full tank to the warning light (SRI, MBRP, reflashed ECU to run high test)

City? Ugh if I can get to 350km before the light comes on I'm happy :ph34r: (Note that it's my drive to work that kills me, less than 3km one way and all low speed = gas sucker)

NefCanuck
I have an 07 focus 5 speed, and i get about 550 to 580 on a tank of gas from full to when the low fuel light comes on, and thats driving the car pretty hard most of the time. When the light comes on i have about 10 litres left i believe. So i'm getting under the 8.5 rating for city driving, not bad.
With a combo of half city, half highway I get about 500Km+ per tank.
My 2007 ZX3 5spd with a combo of half city, half highway I get about 500Km+ per tank.