FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Dakar Rally
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Dakar Rally has been cancelled due to political uncertainty and direct threats of terrorism against the Rally, for 2008
ohhh this really sucks, i was looking forward to the rally :(

i remember last year they had to cancel couple of stages as well bc of ppl and cars being hyjacked at gun point while racing
Man its a harmless race I dont understand why other people (outsiders) have to interfear with a sport. I hate it when any type of sport or race is cancelled because of a terrorist threat. Its just unfair :(
Burnin21,Jan 4 2008, 10:17 PM Wrote:Man its a harmless race I dont understand why other people (outsiders) have to interfear with a sport. I hate it when any type of sport or race is cancelled because of a terrorist threat. Its just unfair :(
[right][snapback]255599[/snapback][/right]

well in this case i sort of understant them. The drivers were killed last year and they stole thier car. These cars are worth lot of money and i guess thives are stealing them and selling on the black market.

I just wish they can do a bit different race. Maybe have a race that runs in europe and goes to SAUDI ARABIA or even qatar. that way they would get some snow/mud and sand. i think it should be fun if they do a race that runs from russia all the way to saudi arabia :)