FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: New Year's Resolutions Anyone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I've given up on being lazy. I started early December at 180 lbs even. I'm currently 190, solid. Going for 210 (min) - 220 by April. Massive pumps, massive gains... already, it's a freakshow for me, personally. No extra flab, some carve-down since I started (less visible occlusion) and just more muscle mass.

2 protein shakes a day, multi-vitamin a day, lots of chicken / fish, pasta, rice... and other stuff - about 40% carbs, 40% protein, 20% fat. (give or take) I also sub in a protein bar a day as a morning / afternoon snack. Calories per day are well over 2000 right now. 3000+ starts at the end of January with the ramped workout.

My reason? Competitive hockey next fall. Rec hockey this year is fun but almost boring now. I need more of a challenge.

I'm happy so far, and my workout ramps up at the end of January. This party has officially started. :D :lol:

Share away boys.
Lose weight. Trying for 240lbs by the end of the year if possible.
eating healthier!! lot less fast food and more healthy snacks!!!
NOS2Go4Me,Jan 2 2008, 10:37 PM Wrote:I've given up on being lazy. I started early December at 180 lbs even. I'm currently 190, solid. Going for 210 (min) - 220 by April. Massive pumps, massive gains... already, it's a freakshow for me, personally. No extra flab, some carve-down since I started (less visible occlusion) and just more muscle mass.

[right][snapback]255452[/snapback][/right]

Is this the look you are going for?:

[Image: carrot_top_buff2.jpg] :lol:

I commend you. It takes a lot of hard work and committment.

I always try to get to the same goal (only reverse of your numbers!)

The goal still awaits. :(
I'm going to give up another 50lbs this year... get down to about 200lbs
I'm going to:

1) quit smoking AGAIN.
2) be more calm and relaxed
3) eat better/healthier
4) exercise more. Need to get my bike tuned up, find my roller blades, and get my hockey skates cleaned up & sharpened.

I know 1&2 are attributed to the same roller coaster ride I've been on for the past couple of years, and that nonsense should be over within the first quarter of this year, god willing.

For 3, I just need to sit down and get a good shopping list together, and create some good balanced meals to cook.
Vince - hahahaha, yeah something like that except Carrot Top's a pussy... I'm curling 45s and 50s for reps right now :P Ok, actually I am... but yeah, something along those lines.

Imma throw up a "before" pic as best as I'm able, and it will be devoid of Paparoach-esque ass shots :P

Actually, I'm going to track myself monthly in pics just to prove to myself that I am bigger... cause I guarantee you it takes me a couple of minutes each time to realize how far I've come. Your biggest booster AND your biggest detractor in all of this really is yourself.

Before: [Image: n510145994_246560_7525.jpg]

EDIT - I'll post a better one later tonight. Oh, and spot the moderator :P
Get my wife preggers. B)
^^^^ Oh man by by Focus for sure then! And no im not buying it :P

As for my new years resolution.......... I dont really have one :lol:
I've already dropped myself down to 240 from 265 so I thought that was good for me, I'm happy where I am. So i'll just make a resolution now and try to beat on my car less :lol:
Flofocus,Jan 3 2008, 12:26 PM Wrote:Get my wife preggers.  B)
[right][snapback]255473[/snapback][/right]

ditto.
Burnin21,Jan 3 2008, 02:45 PM Wrote:^^^^ Oh man by by Focus for sure then! And no im not buying it :P

[right][snapback]255484[/snapback][/right]

That has nothing to do with my focus being for sale actually. ;)
To AnthonyD and Flofocus, if you guys need some advice......let me know. I'm sure us old guys will be willing to..................give you guys some tips, I mean advice :lol:
1. Ramping up at the gym, big time. Started in early Dec. I'm now forcing myself to get up at 5 am to be at the gym by about 530 to swim for an hour straight, not quite there yet, I do about a half hour, take 5 then do about 20 minutes again. Do that mon-fri. Then Mon, Wed I hit the weights with some cardio for warmup in the evenings then Sat, I do the swimming and hit weights again.

2. Not take things so f'n personally. Have a little more of a sense of humour.

3. Treat myself better. No shoulding on myself this year.

4. Reduce my intake of alcohol significantly, although I sent that that to the crapper already last night. I wasn't going to drink until my birthday (21st of this month) then I went for dinner at my friends restaurant. Yeah.
so far my new years resolution goals are bi monthly as it's easier to commit to then yearly.

One of my goals this year are more weight loss, I'm down 25lbs since last years post on resolutions, I'm aiming for atleast 10lbs for the end of feb.

Change up my workout, I'm adding swimming to the routeen as I have not done laps since I was a teen, and I was at my peak back then.

Snacking healther, as in more fruits, veggies, berries, as well as slow down or stop altogether on eating out as much.

My Main goal is to re-enroll in Collage, I've been thinking of going back for a long time and this time I'm actually focuing on that goal more then ever, as I've been putting it off for the last 4 years.

and last one is to buy a new bike and start biking again, I really miss cycling round town.
ANTHONYD,Jan 3 2008, 01:51 PM Wrote:

ditto.
[right][snapback]255487[/snapback][/right]

Good luck! I'm content to stick to 'practicing' for now.

All these resolutions sound good guys, lets try and keep it up! Some sound so good I may adopt them into my resolutions.

And from the sounds of all this fitness going on, maybe we should organize the first FocusCanada bike-a-thon or something. Ya know, like climbing that insane hill on the cruise to the ice cream stand, and stuff like that.
Frost__2001,Jan 3 2008, 04:34 PM Wrote:My Main goal is to re-enroll in Collage...[right][snapback]255500[/snapback][/right]

Good thinking. :P
My main goal for 2008 is studying for and passing the paralegal exam that I'm taking on Jan 17 (3 1/2 hour, 120 question multiple choice exam)

Christ... I've studied more for this test than I did when going through high school & college :ph34r:

I guess the thought of eating $1,100 if I screw this up is a great motivator... esp. with F2 side skirts to paint & install on the car come springtime :P

NefCanuck
mine are:
finish my college course and get that diploma already

save for a new ride

also i already go to the gym every other day....right now at 164 lbs, on the bench in each hand i do 60 lbs if that helps. by the end of this winter im gonna be ripped
Keep the 50+lbs I lost off my not so fat but could lose a few more pounds ass.
Lose a few more pounds.
I am very seriously considering the quit smoking routine. It is a little different this year as I found myself in the hospital recently with my wife ill. Nothing too serious. Just overly sick. But the guy next to her had just come in from passing out in his car. He had been diagnosed 6 months ago with lung cancer and now it has spread and he has a tumour in his brain now. He smoked for 20+ years and was only 5 years older than me. Shocking to see, but maybe what I need for a push to quit. It's been on my mind alot lately.

Oh, and finally move into the new fawkin house. I'm tired of people saying"You haven't moved in yet? What's it been, like 2 years?"
^^my health made me to quit smoking after 4-5 years....i was never a hardcore smoker.....one pack would last me 2 or 3 days.....but basicly i started getting high or very low blood pressure.....smoking sucks
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5