FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Focus Got Smashed!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys.

The green monster got backed into nicely on Christmas night by a guy not paying attention.
We were all downstairs at the Wife's Grandfather's place opening presents when the doorbell rang.
An upset guy stood on the porch and asked who owned the green Focus at the end of the driveway. My heart dropped.

The guy was VERY upset. That got rid of any of my urges to bounce this guy down the driveway in a hurry. He honestly felt bad, and could have driven away if he wanted to.

I went out to have a look...For sure at least 3k in damage. Driver side quarter panel, door punched in and creaking, trim and scuffed rim.

So I've reported it, notified my insurance etc....
Now he wants me to go out and get quotes to see how much it would be to take care of it outside the insurance companies. What a pain in the ass. He smashes my car, and I have 3 days of crap to put up with. It almost seems not worth bothering with.

So here's the million dollar question.
ANyone know of a good place to take the car in the Oakville Burlington area???

I'm going to have Discovery Ford collision look at it (they did a good job when I had my accident)
I'll need another shop. I'm thinking 2 quotes will be enough to give him.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks guys!
a.
I say screw him, atleast 90% of the people out there that say I want to pay for it out of pocket never can afford it, or they back out when you give them quotes over $3000... not to mention Anthony, your car is a 2002 focus ? if so depending on the milage your insurance broker could just cut you a check for the cars value as more or less it's in that age bracket where they'd rather give you money for an older car then fix it.
Get the estimate if he agrees to pay get him to sign a contract that he will cover all the expensises as well as a rental car for you ;) if not go through 9insurance because they will back out and your screwed and did you report it to a colloison center you should have you have 24 hours to do so from the time of the accident
I could be wrong but i think once its reported to insurance, you've gotta go thru the insurance company.
no you can tell your insurance company and not make a claim often people call to ask there options and go the best route Its as soon as you make that actual claim or the insurance adjuster sees the car and gives anestimate even if you don't go through insurance ur rates still might go up
My adjuster said my rates won't likely go up.
If they tell me otherwise, I won't go through insurance.

A good point too...
Is this guy prepared to pay for my rental car???. I never thought of that.

What a pain in the ass. :angry:
Why should you be inconvience for him hitting your car you better get a rental car you would if you went through insurance
take him to court for a million for causing you life long emotional damages for loss of your focus :)
Your focus was sticking out of the driveway?
Yeah, he'll cover the damage but nothing else probably. I wouldn't mess around bud.
Had to deal with the same issue myself and I never asked for a rental car until after I agreed to not settle through my insurance. And I had to deal with a private company (garbage truck vs. Dynasty). They were pricks about it but they finally agreed to give me 3 days of a rental. Turned out i didn't need it as I bought another Dynasty and pieced two s***tay cars into one decent one and pocketed the rest of the $$$.
You can try Kerr Cadillac across from Oakland on Trafalgar in Oakville. They can do some decent work.
Get a quote for a car rental from the dealer when they do your estimates.
No way this guy is going to pay out of pocket.
CYA.

Cover Your Ass.
Swing by Kerr Pontiac. They have a collision shop in the back, I had my sunfire fixed there after the accident. The owner Neil is a great guy. His the brother in law of a coworker/friend.
410 South Service Road west. I think the shop is run by Atlantic Group and not the dealership. Anyways, you can mention me, he may or may not remember me. If you want a referral in your area, that's mine.
Sorry to hear about the accident and most of all the hassle it'll cause.
Sorry to hear about this Anthony, but at least no one was injured.

I've had good luck using "Two Brothers Auto Body & Collision" when they did work to my old Taurus & Olds back in the day (The Taurus was a situation like yours an "off the record" whack thanks to a ditz who manged to hit me while I was standing sill :rolleyes:) Tell them Daniel sent you (guy with the cane, they'll remember me :P)

Contact

* Telephone: +1 905 844 8416
* Facsimile: +1 905 844 8613

* Street Address:
2237 Royal Windsor Drive
Oakville, ON, L6J7X8

NefCanuck
Thanks guys.

So when I goto the body shops to get quotes, do I ask them to factor in a rental car? Or do I then need to contact a phuckin' rental car company too for quotes???

I could probably get by without one...but buddy doesn't need ot know we have more than one car.

Man...this is becoming more and more a pain in the ass the more I think about it.
I should charge him my freelance AD rate for all the time this is taking me. :S
Hrm, all I can suggest to get an idea of the rental car cost to pass on to this meathead is to actually call up a couple of places (I know some of the big ones like Enterprise have websites) and see what the rental of a Focus class car for three days would be (assuming that's how long the shop tells you it'll be) factoring whatever mileage yer looking at using during the time in question.

NefCanuck
*sigh*

I know how I'm spending my lunch hour tomorrow.
ANTHONYD,Jan 2 2008, 08:38 PM Wrote:*sigh*

I know how I'm spending my lunch hour tomorrow.
[right][snapback]255440[/snapback][/right]

Jesus, talk about a pain in the @$$...

All the best Anthony

NefCanuck
Man that sucks Anthony! Check out CARS Collision down on Harvester. Just go straight down Appleby Line and turn right onto Harvester its right beside the Alexanian Carpet place. Theres also another body shop called Neils Autobody parrallel to CARS across the street. These guys gave me reasonable quotes when I was looking to get my fenders painted. Not to mention my buddy Ian got his Ranger painted at CARS and they did a really good job.

CARS: 905-333-9111
Neils: 905-632-4517

Oh yea you should see some of the paint work Neil does on some of the Mustangs and Camaros that roll out of there....... absolutly beautiful.
This sure does suck. But i'll be the first to say
:postpics:
hardk0re,Jan 3 2008, 10:13 PM Wrote:This sure does suck.  But i'll be the first to say
  :postpics:
[right][snapback]255535[/snapback][/right]

X2,

been wondering when Anthony was going to get round to posting pics..
Pages: 1 2