FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Got An Accident!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
9 years of driving experience and had my first accident here in toronto..

some might have seen me because i saw few modded focus at the collision..

Was raining 28th friday around 8:30 pm, I was on North Queen..

I got off from the work and was driving on far left lane around 20km so i can make turn on the Queensway east bound..

I saw this integra blink her signal to change lane..but all in sudden she cut right in front of me, 2 lane at once..

I blew my horn really hard, it was really loud like a train horn..but she kept coming and my passenger side mirror fell off and my front femder got dent..

She told me it is her first car, so i guess i maybe in her blind spot area and obviously she didn't do "SHOULDER CHECK"..or on "CELL PHONE"

[Image: accident.jpg]

Cop came in late and I was sitting in my car for 2 hours, cop made a decision that it was her fault.
Cop said to me, "it is your lane, she merged to your lane..not your fault."

Now..what should I do with this, I do not want to gert involved with insurance ..
Whoever the fault is, they will raise my insurance premium no matter what..

How much would it to be to get my car fixed??
Any recommending auto body center or something??
I need to get, Mirror and Fender plus paint cost..
well, if it is 100% her fault, it shoudnt affect your insurance. However i live in BC with public insurance and not Ontario with private. Her insurance probably woudn't cut a cheque to you unless you claim it, so i dont see a way around it.

Sorry to hear bout the crash, its sad to see nice cars in bad shape.
ask her what she wants to do, considering its her first car, her insurance will jump if she decides to go that route.

Take your car to FORD and get them give you an estimate, print it and show it to her and ask her for the money. (give a little, take a little) neither one of you wants to go thru insurance so try that.

Once you have an idea of what she is willing to pay, then you cna decide what to do with your car.
if you get the parts yourself it will be cheaper but the painting costs with be higher, even if your not at fault, you'll be red flaged by the insurance company for 2 years, if you get into another accident in that time frame your fault or not they might raise your rates.

if you have a stock fender and mirror it should not cost more then $150 to replace them from the wreakers, it will be the painting part that might get you with the higher costs.
If you go the body shop route here are two I recommend.
Roop Auto Body in Scarborough, an old member Pat put me onto them, decent guys and fast, however the neighborhood their shop is in is crap.
The other guy is the one I took my Sunfire too after I ran it into a Lincoln. Kerr Collision, Neil is the owner of the shop, good work and really fast. The shop is in Oakville.
http://www.atlanticautobody.ca/locations_10.php
contact member "Mike" about parts.....he's got a totaled focus....maybe he's got what you need
Hassle here is two fold I hink:

1) You have a modded Focus, which means some of the parts you need are going to be more than regular.

2) If you decide to try and "work this out" she may balk at the increased cost and you'll end up going the insurance route anyways (in which case #1 may still be an issue)

Sucks when you're getting the hassle due to someone else being stupid... :(

NefCanuck
first just want to say glad to hear nobody got hurt
also if you need a quote i have a shop in that area
they do great work pm me and i can get you in touch with them
I got siderammed in the wagon two years ago by a S10. My insurance never went up...and I tried to go the cash route but the girl tried to brush me away the next day. Amazing how a police Seargent's booming voice on her voicemail convinced her to get her ass down to the reporting center the next morning.
Well what ever way you go CP Auto Body is a shop you should really consider there great with custom colour matching and worthing with modified cars and if insurance is a lil shady about repair they will talk to the insurance company and work things out for you

My buddy has a older golf with a new 1.8 T black book value on the car is $2500 and the damage was estimated at 4 g's it was for sure a write off took it to CP and they talked to insurance and they fixed it no questions asked he was worried that since it was modded they would cover it but no worries at all just tell them P R Performance sent you they know us well and he will take care of you
thank you all for input..

where is the CP autobody located??

I will send them an email if they have one with picture of damage..
because i work almost 6 days a week..

I will first get an estimation, then i will talk to this lady about it..and if she thinks the price is high, then i have her insurance number, so I will use that..

just found out..
didn't know about the front bumper but this thing is also damaged..
side mirror was the one took most impact and fender because of snow tire sits inside the fender well..
and when fender got hit, front bumper also got a bit of impact and shattered some area..
personally, i would go 'by the book' on this one and report to police and report to your insurance, and let them all work it out and mail you a cheque. the officer said it was her fault, and if that is reflected on the police report i don't see how your premium can increase (its not your fault!!!).. that said i have not seen the an ontario rate plan so i don't know for sure what weirdness could be hidden in the policy language

i think it would be a huge hassle for you to try and get money back from this person, its not worth the headache.

when i replaced my passenger fender it was $150 USD for an OEM fender and $250 CDN for a respray at MAACO. a non power driver mirror was $35 USD from a dealer

shouldn't be too expensive to fix this unless you have custom euro or widebody stuff
I'll echo naz - go through your insurance. All it takes is for her to change her mind and become completely dishonest... and then you're screwed.
Its located near Dufferin and Dupont if you know the area its right off Dupont where it Meets Dundas and Annette
me and this girl talked on the email and i have all records saying she is going to pay for it..

i will be visiting that body shop this friday and will get estimate and give info and everything to this girl...
if she is cool with pay it, then it is good, if not I will report through my insurance..

oh and it is stock fender with painted powered mirror..
this is what she said..
"Thats okay, just let me know how much the cost of the repairs, and also, the place where you will get the the repairs done, I will go there myself and pay for it.
I'm really sorry about what happened, and the most important thing is that you are doing okay."
Went to CP Auto Body..25 Cariboo Ave. Toronto. friday(today) around 12:00 pm..

Front Bumper cover needs to be repaired/refinish.
Passenger side fender needs to be repaired/refinish.
Passender side door panel got scratches when mirror fell off..needs to be repaired and refinish.
Powered mirror need to be ordered from FORD.. $104.52, $118.53 after tax.
And they charge clearcoat, paint materials $196.80, shop materials $12, hazardous waste disposal fee $5.

Repair costs $302.40, Refinish $393.60, $789.26 after tax
and
everything comes with $1,150.24
why repair? it should be replace...... at least what's what i would want if my car got hit
i don;t know..they say it can be fixed..so i m leaving it to pro..
anyways i m going to ask if i can get fender replaced when i drop off my car..
the 'pro' probably makes more money from labor trying to fix the stuff rather than swap in a brand new part

i'm not a pro myself, but i really think you should get a second opinion before going with a repair instead of a replace