FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Looking For Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey yall,

Its kinda sad that Ive got to ask people outside of the US for help....but here it goes...

Im a member on FF.com and Ive asked them for help, but no-one seems to have an answer for me so.......

I need help with wiring up stock fog lights....to my knowledge my car does not have any sorta wiring for fogs as most Focus' do...

so is there anyone from the cold great white north with any sorta of electrical knowledge on how to wire up stock fogs...

either explaing step by step to me or if you wouldnt mind making me a "plug and play system" (ill pay for the parts)

thanks
Fletcher
TX04zx3,Jan 23 2010, 05:12 PM Wrote:Hey yall,

Its kinda sad that Ive got to ask people outside of the US for help....but here it goes...

Im a member on FF.com and Ive asked them for help, but no-one seems to have an answer for me so.......

I need help with wiring up stock fog lights....to my knowledge my car does not have any sorta wiring for fogs as most Focus' do...

so is there anyone from the cold great white north with any sorta of electrical knowledge on how to wire up stock fogs...

either explaing step by step to me or if you wouldnt mind making me a "plug and play system" (ill pay for the parts)

What year is your car ... and are you looking only for an OEM type solution (fogs on/off with the headlight switch) or would you also consider an aftermarket type solution (separate switch for the fogs) ... and yeah, first off - look very carefully for existing wiring harness; it would be so much easier if it was there.
its an 2004....Zx3...

I know that the OEM would be great but its not there... I swear :D ....

Any OEM type of system would be great just as long as it would be easy to install and not a hack job
You'll most likely need the headlight switch so you can turn on the fog lights just like stock.

Not sure were your located but you can probably head to a scrapyard near you and grab all the parts you'll need.

Here's a helpful link
scrap yard search

I'm pretty sure someone here has done this mod, so hopefully they can help out more.
castone,Jan 24 2010, 01:33 AM Wrote:You'll most likely need the headlight switch so you can turn on the fog lights just like stock.

Not sure were your located but you can probably head to a scrapyard near you and grab all the parts you'll need.

Here's a helpful link
scrap yard search

I'm pretty sure someone here has done this mod, so hopefully they can help out more.
[right][snapback]300066[/snapback][/right]

The car has no existing wiring for the lights..... and pulling it from a wrecked car would be almost impossible b/c all the wrecked focus' around here are stripped out
http://www.accessconnect.com/fog_driving...wiring.htm

Here you go. Here is what the wiring should look like. If you want the original fog lights then just buy the fogs with a little bit of wiring and harness attached to each fog light. As for the switch, i guess same goes. Why don't you just go to a parts store and spend $50 and buy an aftermarket set? it comes with all the wires and instructions.
thanks MOfocus

but i was hoping that someone would make a "stock" plug and play harness for me...

Feral(Rob) was making one for me back when he was ff.com...

but he hadnt gotten back to me on that....I know that he was 'almost' finished

thats the true reason why i joined--- hoping someone could do that for me..

ill pay for the materials