FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Installing Rear Swaybar
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well like the title says im going to install a Roush rear swaybar on my car this week and I was wondering if there were any tips to doing so? I have a couple of questions like
1) do I jack the car up all the way to take all weight off the control arms?
2) I was told not to over tighten the endlinks, just one turn with ratchet set?
3)lube the endlinks? use a lot of lube.
4)I assume only the basic tools are needed? Racket set adjustable pliers

Thanks for your help.
If someone local could me I would through in a case or two of beer!!!!
well i'll help you out from what i experienced from when i install the steeda rear sway bar. heres a pic
[Image: Picture1507Medium.jpg]

anyway i tighted everything until it was snug. so i guess thats just a matter of how it feels in your hand. if its a new focus like mine and you're using those retro fit clamps, you'll want to grease the inside so it doesn't make the most annoying sound in the world, kinda like a fart. i put grease fittings in the top/bottom then filled it till it came out the sides, took away that noise lol.

i jacked the car all the way up and put the axel stands where you jack the car up when changing tires, as you can see in the pic. i also had to add one to where the A-arm is so it could adjust right when i was tightening everything. its fairly simple if everything lines up lol.
ya, its super easy.

make sure both rear tires are off the ground. to take stress off the bar
use jack stands, to keep things off your head.
grease the bushings.
i tightned my endlinks snug.
it'll take 20 min tops.
Exactly what he said ^^^^ If you want somebody local to help tho i'm in send me a PM.
Exactly what he said ^^^^ If you want somebody local to help tho i'm in send me a PM.
Having problems with tightening the endlinks...if I do it by hand and then a full rotation by ratchet (like the instructions say) its still very loose is this normal???
tighten it till its snug...lol with a wratchet of course.
yah its a pain by hand :ph34r:

Spinal,Dec 28 2007, 06:23 PM Wrote:tighten it till its snug...lol with a wratchet of course.
[right][snapback]255240[/snapback][/right]
Thanks guys for the help, its on and wow what a difference.