FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Cruise Control - Lots Of Noise
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My SVT focus is making lots of noise from the drivers side engine. took in in, they think it might be the cruise control? has anyone had this problem before...loud consistant whipping noise from behind the pedals. any help is appreciated. don't really want to pay $500 to fix cruise control when i never use it anyways.

Ryan,Dec 23 2007, 10:20 PM Wrote:My SVT focus is making lots of noise from the drivers side engine.  took in in, they think it might be the cruise control?  has anyone had this problem before...loud consistant whipping noise from behind the pedals.  any help is appreciated.  don't really want to pay $500 to fix cruise control when i never use it anyways.
[right][snapback]255091[/snapback][/right]

never heard that. how could the cruise control make noise?

has anyone else ever had a CC problem? try looking in Focaljet as well. they might know something there.
I use the cruise on my SVT and never hear a noise, and i have never heard of a cruise control noise, Im not sure on these cars is the cruise is electronc or vaccuum driven?
David
Had it checked out today...need to replace cc. ugh. has anyone by-passed the cc?? is there a way to take it out or go around it? don't really want to pay $500 to repair something I never use. anyone....please help?
Thanks.
nevermind. found problem. it's the IMRC. apparently 2002 SVT's have this problem.
what does IMRC stand for again? and its functuanality?
Intake Manifold Runner Control, which is the control box bit for the DSI (Dual Stage Intake).

Makes the car go zoom at 3200rpm :lol:

Basically, it makes the engine more efficient at lower rpm, like around town driving, then opens 'er up for higher rpm acceleration, or when you 'floor it'.

Check this Ryan, might help...or google it some more.

http://forums.focaljet.com/svt-headquarter...t-actuator.html

S.