FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Flashing Failed, Cannot Return To Stock Either!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
SCT SF flasher (XCalibrator 2 SF Model 9415 from CFM).

Tried flashing my SVTF 02 first time. Flasher went through a procedure but failed on 20% flashing process:
- Verifying Stock Calibration
- Erasing Module
- Downloading ECM 20%
- Program FAILED
When trying to return back to stock – same story. Car certainly doesn’t start.

- What can be done?
- In case if ECM is damaged how much is a new one and how difficult to install?
- Any recommended Ford dealer in West GTA? I’m from Oakville

Thanks a lot!
you got it from CFM??
contact them first.
PCM is like $800
ZX5focused,Dec 22 2007, 08:11 PM Wrote:PCM is like $800
[right][snapback]255068[/snapback][/right]

WOW ! That sound bad !

Hope it's still revertible back.

Did you pull the fuse before flashing?
Tiketz,Dec 23 2007, 01:38 AM Wrote:Did you pull the fuse before flashing?
[right][snapback]255074[/snapback][/right]

I've pulled running lights and stereo fuses out.

Do I need to get other fuses out ?
I have tried many combinations of fuses today with the same result.
I've taken out tons of fuses. Does anybody know what exactly should be taken out in SVTF ?

02ztsian

Traction control fuse needs to be pulled-else wise the tune will never finish uploading. It's fuse #46.
I dont have an SVT Focus but does this apply to the Non-SVT Zetec ECU as well? Cause I've never pulled any fuses to upload my tune. Not to mention I've never had a program fail....... as for your issue get on the phone with CFM and hope your Xcal 2 never cooked your ECU.

02ztsian

My understanding is this is an SVT-specific issue related directly to the traction control.
# 46 was out, but I've tried it again with no luck.

Just to be little bit more prepared for the worst - Where to get new ECU ?
Call some junkers around 1st, maybe ebay...

If no one else, the dealer. :(
if you will end up going to the dealer, make sure u have lots and lots of lube
NikiterZTS,Dec 24 2007, 12:12 AM Wrote:if you will end up going to the dealer, make sure u have lots and lots of lube
[right][snapback]255103[/snapback][/right]
Synthetic? :)

[ Hey, I've just got a car and .... it died ;) - I'll ask my girlfriend to tell this to a dealer - it's her car anyway]

So which ECU's I have to look for? Are there any others that will do the trick or it should be only SVTF 02 ?
I'd stick with the model year of your SVT to be safe, personally.

Too bad, man - but I'm not up enough on SVT-specific woes to tell you if this is a previously-known gripe or not. Have you checked FocalJet at all?

For the record, I've never pulled a fuse on my '07 for flashing purposes.
omg that sucks dude......

buy my Xcal2 :)
Cheapest ECU 25 most Expensive 150 depends on the application heres the linky

http://search.ebay.ca/search/search.dll?fr...+ecu&category0=

ECU isnt hard to change its behind the glove box... But s*** man that suck.. Thats one reason I;ve never got a programmer im to chiken s***
Something has to be wrong, i think i've flashed my car at least 50 times and no issues ever. (knock on wood).
wow man that blows... you probably just need a new battery.. from what I understand the power going to the ECU get's cranked up to 24V and needs a ton of juice to burn .. try using a battery charger with a start function clipped to your battery..
Yep, the battery was primary suspect and this time I've been using professional charger that can start a nuclear submarine. I was sitting in the car not touching anything and almost not breathing all the time, watching progress indicator. No additional power drain (radio/whatever) was on. Even my cell was off:)
Most probably we can eliminate battery here. The only thing that maybe there wrong is bad ground on ECU.. I will check it ..
but how Ford managed to flash it???
Pages: 1 2