FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Thinking Of Switching
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm thinking of switching my Bell internet and home phone over to Rogers. I think I've had enough of Bell for awhile.
What I'm wondering about is the internet caps on Rogers. I'm a light downloader, a tv series here and there, no movies though. Has anyone been charged by Rogers for exceeding their quota?

Last nail in the Bell coffin was getting a $100 Single Line charge for a service call on my demarc.

Oh anyone had their existing home phone number transfered over to rogers or vice versa, does it work, any problems?

thanks
Jeremy
j3rt,Dec 21 2007, 04:59 PM Wrote:I'm thinking of switching my Bell internet and home phone over to Rogers.  I think I've had enough of Bell for awhile.
What I'm wondering about is the internet caps on Rogers.  I'm a light downloader, a tv series here and there, no movies though.  Has anyone been charged by Rogers for exceeding their quota?

Last nail in the Bell coffin was getting a $100 Single Line charge for a service call on my demarc.

Oh anyone had their existing home phone number transfered over to rogers or vice versa, does it work, any problems?

thanks
Jeremy
[right][snapback]255021[/snapback][/right]

i haven't had a landline in like 8 yrs. are cell phone plans in canada good enough for you to do that?
I had Hell (bell) for a while and I found their internet to be very slow and problematic. I switched to Rogers and I have'nt had a problem since. But I am sure that everyone has a story of either company and their problems. Its up to you I think. As far as I know there is no limit to downloads. I download music and movies all the time and I haven't seen any billing for such.

Best to find out from the source though.
if you do the porting of you home number to rogers from bell, Rogers will do all the things needed to do the transfur, after the tech guy comes in with a new phone modem for your home you'll be switched over. also bungle everything with rogers if you can you get extra discounts on the more things you bundle up with them.

Also if you have and use mroe then one phone in your home put the new phone modem in your basement rather then one phone in the house... it can be a PITA, if your living in an apt building because you have to run all your phones off that one modem, in what ever room you have it in, so have them put it in where the the phone line source feeds off to all parts in the home.
Frost__2001,Dec 21 2007, 03:20 PM Wrote:... bungle everything with rogers ...[right][snapback]255027[/snapback][/right]
That was mighty Freudian. :lol:
depends on what you need it for, i am on portible tier, i never download movies or music or any of that crap, just surf the net check e-mail, stream music/tv shows, and i never went over my cap.
If your able to sign up your home phone before the 31st, you can get $10 / mth + 500 Canadian LD mins every month for the first year. Bundling 2 products will give you 5% of the monthly service fee (msf), 3 will give you 10% off the MSF, or 4 for 15%.

The porting usually takes 7-8 days so you might not be able to get the bonus 500 Cdn LD mins which expires on the 31st of Dec. Not every number unfortunately is portable to rogers. There have been a few instances where the number was not eligible. You'll have to call just to make sure they can port it out.
call them and try get free time I got 6 monthsd free homephone told them the rogers authorized dealer offered me 9 and he did ...