FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: '08 Mustang Bullitt
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.fordvehicles.com/assets/pdf/Mus...ittFeatures.pdf

Nice car - only 7000 to be built !! 315HP :huh: !!
How do they suppose they are going to get an extra 15hp and 5 more torque over the current Mustang GT? With 3.5" chrome tips? Somehow I don't think so. :lol:
Looks nice, though I would like to see a darker green, almost into black as an option (Oh and an autobox option too, but I know I'm whistling past that graveyard alone)

NefCanuck
Spyhawk,Dec 18 2007, 10:18 PM Wrote:How do they suppose they are going to get an extra 15hp and 5 more torque over the current Mustang GT? With 3.5" chrome tips? Somehow I don't think so. :lol:
[right][snapback]254850[/snapback][/right]

most likely the open air element filter and calibration -- easy enough to make those numbers on a stock GT...
NefCanuck,Dec 18 2007, 09:44 PM Wrote:Looks nice, though I would like to see a darker green, almost into black as an option (Oh and an autobox option  too, but I know I'm whistling past that graveyard alone)

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]254851[/snapback][/right]
Did you miss reading the first fawkin line? Also available in black?
meford4u,Dec 19 2007, 03:55 PM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Dec 18 2007, 09:44 PM Wrote:Looks nice, though I would like to see a darker green, almost into black as an option (Oh and an autobox option  too, but I know I'm whistling past that graveyard alone)

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]254886[/snapback][/right]

Hrm, maybe I didn't make myself clear...

Back in the mid to late 60's Ford used a green colour on the Mustang that was so dark that it could easily be mistaken for black under the right lighting conditions (This was the colour of my dad's '67 Stang)

That's what I'm looking for... the green in the photos is too green and I would want one as dark as the colour I'm thinking of...

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Dec 19 2007, 04:48 PM Wrote:
meford4u,Dec 19 2007, 03:55 PM Wrote:

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]254886[/snapback][/right]
Back in the mid to late 60's Ford used a green colour on the Mustang that was so dark that it could easily be mistaken for black under the right lighting conditions (This was the colour of my dad's '67 Stang)

That's what I'm looking for... the green in the photos is too green and I would want one as dark as the colour I'm thinking of...

Same green. Those pics look puter generated.
I'd rather have the Super Snake but it's 3x the price :(

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article.asp?se...article_id=6056
^^ Yum! Damn that's awesome!
nice for the bullitt.

and holy jesus, that super snake with that bigger blower 725hp!!!!! :o
CanadaSVT,Dec 20 2007, 06:50 PM Wrote:I'd rather have the Super Snake but it's 3x the price :(

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article.asp?se...article_id=6056
[right][snapback]254986[/snapback][/right]

You see the Barrett Jackson auction that Carol Shelby's personal super snake from the 60's was sold? Went for $5,000,000... :lol:
^^^ Yeap I saw that one, that was awsome!

IMO I really dont find the new GT500's all that great.... sure they are fast but they weigh way too much. Also, all their issues with the traction never helps. My friends 02 Camaro SS droptop with 435rwhp turns a 12.3 in the quarter mile so how come a 567rwhp Cobra can barley turn 12.5........ just doesn't make sense and is far from cost effective.

The only reason I would ever buy a GT500 is its considered a rare car, and in the future may have some good value to it :)
From what I've read on the color, it is a direct reproduction of the original Dark Highland Green from 1967-68, except it is now a base/clear and not enamel... :)

The Bullitt is going to have the FRPP Power Pack, and Handling Pack out of the box, then the different mufflers (tuned to sound like Steve McQueen's car) and 18" wheels.

Basically, it is a much more sleeper Shelby GT (no stripes or badges). My kind of Mustang!

Just one questions remains. What type of power adder to use? Centrifugal, Whipple or turbo? :D

Ryan
they are so milking the mustang name its insane..........here in Florida Ive seen so many Shelby's its not funny and even a couple snake eaters.