FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Ford Releases Teaser Image Of Its Focus Rs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Good for Europeans.. not for us :(
seems like it is down on power compared to the STi and EVO, and doesn't have the high tech gearbox and diffs

i bet it won't have the obnoxious 3 bar grill that all ford NA vehicles have now
*sighs*
Such a sexy car, too bad it'll never come anywhere near here. Why is it that in Europe you can get a turbocharged 2.5L 5 cylinder engine from the factory, but the best we can do is a 2.3L 4 cylinder...
naz,Dec 18 2007, 03:08 PM Wrote:seems like it is down on power compared to the STi and EVO, and doesn't have the high tech gearbox and diffs

i bet it won't have the obnoxious 3 bar grill that all ford NA vehicles have now
[right][snapback]254818[/snapback][/right]

Yeah....... but I bet it will out handle those two cars.........
D-Dub,Dec 19 2007, 04: Wrote:
naz,Dec 18 2007, 03:08 PM Wrote:seems like it is down on power compared to the STi and EVO, and doesn't have the high tech gearbox and diffs

[right][snapback]254818[/snapback][/right]

Yeah....... but I bet it will out handle those two cars.........
[right][snapback]254856[/snapback][/right]

since we'll never see STi v EVO v focus RS at a local track day ... i'll be hard for us to say for sure whether the focus RS will be that good

i hate to mag race.. but take a look at this list on 'the stig's' lap times

http://www.topgear.com/content/tgonbbc2/...s/thestig/

old focus RS is ranked 58, evo viii is 40 and wrx sti is 43..

guess we'll have to wait till 09 to see if the next rs can close the gap

it would be pretty sweet if ford can make the next RS beat the EVO and STi

can't compare the old Focus RS to the EVO or STI cause the old RS was only front wheel drive with a diff in the transmission. it will be interesting to see the new versions go against each other.
FocusGuy7476,Dec 19 2007, 04:10 PM Wrote:can't compare the old Focus RS to the EVO or STI cause the old RS was only front wheel drive with a diff in the transmission. it will be interesting to see the new versions go against each other.
[right][snapback]254873[/snapback][/right]

i dont think you need to imagine too hard.. think of a volvo S40 T5 AWD with 60 more hp, different springs, dampers and tires and that's pretty much the new focus RS

that isn't getting me that psyched up.. what am i missing?

i have tried a car with a part time awd setup (sube forester auto) that is similar to the haldex part time setup that the S40 (and presumably the RS) has.. it was really weird.. in hard cornering i could feel the weight transferring on/off to the rear wheels and it was really messed up. i just can't imagine taking that setup in hard driving
What they claim on the site is just their guess, also this engine is a 2.5 turbo and not a 2.0 like the sti and WRX which means way more possibilities. From what I have read is that the previous RS was a disappointment and should have never had the RS badge. Im sure this will be a proper RS with AWD, a carzy motor and amazing suspension........just like im sure this will never come to North America.

it would be awesome if the difference between the S40 T5 AWD and focus RS is the same magnitude as the difference between a WRX and STi

dayum sexy looking focus, wtf is wrong with North America
Cheeseburgers. Poutine. And, not surprisingly, a lack of drive to better ourselves on the whole.
NOS2Go4Me,Jan 10 2008, 01:09 AM Wrote:Cheeseburgers. Poutine. [right][snapback]255861[/snapback][/right]

yum, gone to the chip truck.
too bad thats not sold here, give the honda nation a run for its money
Flofocus,Jan 10 2008, 09:11 PM Wrote:
NOS2Go4Me,Jan 10 2008, 01:09 AM Wrote:Cheeseburgers. Poutine. [right][snapback]255861[/snapback][/right]

[right][snapback]255889[/snapback][/right]

stupid question.. what's poutine? what's a 'chip truck' ? can't you buy chips from a vending machine?
^ he cannot be serious? LoL
naz,Jan 18 2008, 06:26 PM Wrote:
Flofocus,Jan 10 2008, 09:11 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]255889[/snapback][/right]

stupid question.. what's poutine? what's a 'chip truck' ? can't you buy chips from a vending machine?
[right][snapback]256395[/snapback][/right]

youve lived in canada and dont know what a poutine is?

You missed out man.

Here you go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMen3iIOMPI

:ph34r: :ph34r: