FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Schumacher Back In The Drivers Seat......
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
.....of a cab!!!!!

Career Low????

Quote:BERLIN - Cab drivers are best known for giving hair-raising rides, not being taken on them.

But when one cabbie in southern Germany apparently wasn't driving fast enough, his customer, former Formula One champion Michael Schumacher, took the wheel himself.

"It was sheer lunacy," cabbie Tuncer Yilmaz told the Muenchener Abendzeitung newspaper. "He took the curves with full speed, but you couldn't even notice it. He just knows how to do it."

Schumacher's spokeswoman, Sabine Kehm, confirmed the story Wednesday. She said Schumacher had flown in from Switzerland on Saturday on his private jet to buy a puppy from a breeder in the town of Gesuelz.

When Yilmaz picked up the seven-time Formula One champion and his family at the Coburg airport, he was star-struck.

"I was so nervous," Yilmaz said. "I was so confused that I almost forgot all traffic rules."

So on the way back to the airport Schumacher, the most successful driver in Formula One history, asked Yilmaz to slide over so he could drive.

Yilmaz said he would never forget the ride.

Nor the tip. On top of the US$88.03 fare, Schumacher gave him $146.72.

Yilmaz' only regret is that German photo radar didn't catch Schumacher speeding, which would have produced a ticket with a photo that would have been sent to Yilmaz, as the car's owner.

"I so much would have loved to get a speeding photo of this ride," Yilmaz told the Abendzeitung. "I would have gladly paid a ticket for that."  21:12ET 12-12-07
:rofl: Classic...

That'd be like being at the driving range bashing a bucket of balls and out pops Tiger Woods to show you how its done :D

NefCanuck
Thats awsome! It's unbelievable how Shumacher could probably set record times in a cab :lol:
Apparently he was in the driver seat of an F1 car during one of the recent test sessions. And he was still on pace.

Wonder what he does with all his free time now?
Apparently, he was in a hurry......and ther's no one better than him( on pavement ) to get somewhere quick. He also gave a huge cash tip.
thats awesome
Did he stop the cab on the on-ramp to the airport to block all other cabs from getting to the terminal as well?
He is the greatest ever!

I dont know why this wasnt posted yet but Alonso is back with Renault
darkpuppet,Dec 13 2007, 11:24 AM Wrote:Did he stop the cab on the on-ramp to the airport to block all other cabs from getting to the terminal as well?
[right][snapback]254584[/snapback][/right]

HAHAHAHA :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I wouldn't doubt it.