FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Ford To Close Ontario Plant
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ford to close Ontario plant
December, 10, 2007
Source: LeftLane News

Ford will close its St. Thomas Assembly Plant in Ontario, a new report finds. The 2.6 million square foot plant — which makes the Ford Crown Victoria, Mercury Grand Marquis and Lincoln Town Car — will likely close at the end of 2010. It's still possible that the CAW could offer enough concessions to keep the plant open, although highly unlikely.

"There's nothing we can do to save St. Thomas," CAW President Buzz Hargrove told The Detroit News.

It remains unclear if Ford will continue its Panther platform — which underpins all three cars — vehicles production at another facility after 2010. Lincoln Towncar production was moved to the St. Thomas plant this year after Ford closed its Wixom, Michigan production plant.

The St. Thomas plant employs 2,300 hourly workers and 160 salaried.

so, I guess police officers and taxi drivers will be rollin in chargers....or pulling out the ol' Huffy....
Do you mean the Chevy Impala when you say "Huffy"? :unsure:

NefCanuck
naw, it was a joke, I meant to imply a bike. you know, Huffy, Schwinn, whatever....lol
Oh... sorry, since I could never ride a bike, I never knew the "brands" of bikes out there...

NefCanuck