FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: D-slr For Under $700?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it possible to get a decent Digital SLR for under $700?
D-Dub,Dec 6 2007, 03: Wrote:Is it possible to get a decent Digital SLR for under $700?
[right][snapback]254069[/snapback][/right]
Of course. Shop in the US and you'll see better pricing. I would suggest a Canon, but that's just my opinion.

Give us a list of what you want in a camera and what cameras you are looking at buying.
Or you could go used as well.

And I would suggest Nikon ;)

<3 my Nikon.
I was looking at that camera because they have the same deal at a local store called Henry's....
They also have the Olympus E-510 at future shop for $649 with an extra battery, 2gig card and carry case.
Look at the Pentax line... the top model K10D is super cheap now for body only, and you can pick up any amount of lenses. I believe there are about 350 different lenses that will work on this camera !

I have 2 !! lol... Or even a little cheaper is the K100D or the K100D Super !

edit: when you go into Henrys to get your purchase, ask them if they can do anything better on the current price. Especially if your buying a bag as the mark up for the Lowpro bags are almost double the price!

Just a FYI

K100 Super

Or clicky here for 2 entry level lenses and the K100D Super !!

That olympus deal is pretty good as well !! Check Dpreview.com for the hands on review on the cameras !!
I have the Olympus E-500. I'm a newbie enthusiast, but it's a beautiful camera. Lots of features, and great pics. The E-510 is even better, so I'd recommend it any day.

S.
It was down to the e-510, cannon rebel xti and a Nikon

The olympus just has more bang for its buck.........Image stabilization, massive battery life and the ability to use the lcd to take the pics and not to forget the amazing quality.

I ended up walking out $100 more then what I wanted and since this was my 3rd camera purchase at henrys I was aware of the hidden bonuses...$799.00 body, lens, bag, 1gig card.
Nice! Did you end up getting a decent bag? I've got a Lowepro Apex 110 AW and it's great, all weather cover and all!
ZX3guy2000,Dec 8 2007, 01:37 AM Wrote:Look at the Pentax line...  the top model K10D is super cheap now for body only, and you can pick up any amount of lenses.  I believe there are about 350 different lenses that will work on this camera ! 

I have 2 !! lol...  Or even a little cheaper is the K100D or the K100D Super !

edit:  when you go into Henrys to get your purchase, ask them if they can do anything better on the current price.  Especially if your buying a bag as the mark up for the Lowpro bags are almost double the price!

Just a FYI

K100 Super

Or clicky here for 2 entry level lenses and the K100D Super !!

That olympus deal is pretty good as well !!  Check Dpreview.com for the hands on review on the cameras !!
[right][snapback]254136[/snapback][/right]

Funny how you say that. I asked the guy if he can do any better then the current price of 399 for the K100d body. so he gave me a price of 390 :) w00t w00t!

anyways. I called my photographer and he is going to get the same unit for me for 320$.

Pentax K100 is not as good as Nikon D40, but for the price you can go wrong. Also as you stated, i've got bunch of pentax lenses from my PZ-10 and they all fit and even the AF works on it too :)

so for me pentax is the way to go.
D-Dub,Dec 6 2007, 08: Wrote:Is it possible to get a decent Digital SLR for under $700?
[right][snapback]254069[/snapback][/right]

it all depends on what you want and how many Pix you really need!!!

If i was you here is what i would do...

Get the pentax K100d with lens, right now they have a special for 499.00 i dont think you can go wrong with that.

http://www.henrys.com/webapp/wcs/stores/se...9&itemID=174005

also costco has a special as well with the Canon camera

http://www.costco.ca/Browse/Product.aspx?P...CA&Sp=C&topnav=