FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Just Did My Budget For The Next Month...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
And the car is bleeding me dry. I'm thinking it's time to sell it, even though I've only owned it a few months, and it's financed. Does anyone know how I can unload this thing without f'ing up my credit? Because I'm rather close to letting the finance company repo it.

Ps. In case anyone is wonder if I'll buy another SVT. I highly doubt it, as my license expires in March, and I have no plans on renewing.
cool......get a bicycle

how much are you gonna sell it for?
That's too bad... I've always admired the SVTs.
j3rt,Dec 4 2007, 10:01 PM Wrote:http://www.leasebusters.com/default.asp
[right][snapback]253989[/snapback][/right]

I'm not sure that will help, because I financed the car... Now if I were able to find a better paying job, I'd actually consider keeping the car.

While on the subject of better paying jobs. Does anyone know of any new/used car lots looking for sales people, who are willing to take on a newb?
there are a few here in the GTA that are hiring, same with the car rental places. If you want to work in a call centre like me they pay very good, but you'd be commuting from statford to the pearson airport area everyday. you'd be getting about $1400 for the month of training, and then get 2 raises in 6 months. course thats at the one I'm in.
Not sure I could do a call center... But it would depend if it's taking in coming calls, or making out going calls.
before you let the bank repo you it should you talk to them and explain the situation.. you might have to talk to couple of people but you should be able to work something out. they would rather keep you in the car and making payments you can afford rather than have to incur the cost of repoing it, and then having to get pennies on the dollar at auction

sorry to hear about this, sucks you have to let your car go but i think you are doing the right thing.

if you aren't 'upside down' on your loan maybe you can consider trading it in for a much less expensive vehicle as well

the one I work at is inbound only..

yeah but I can say for sure if your working for a dealership and not selling one or two cars a week your working for minimum wage, unless they place your working for says otherwise.
naz,Dec 5 2007, 01:51 PM Wrote:before you let the bank repo you it should you talk to them and explain the situation.. you might have to talk to couple of people but you should be able to work something out. they would rather keep you in the car and making payments you can afford rather than have to incur the cost of repoing it, and then having to get pennies on the dollar at auction

sorry to hear about this, sucks you have to let your car go but i think you are doing the right thing. 

if you aren't 'upside down' on your loan maybe you can consider trading it in for a much less expensive vehicle as well
[right][snapback]254013[/snapback][/right]

I'm not too far off, but Xmas gifts and the fact that my hours have been cut due to lack of work... Which amounts to losing about 50 bucks a week.

Frost__2001,Dec 5 2007, 06:15 PM Wrote:the one I work at is inbound only..

yeah but I can say for sure if your working for a dealership and not selling one or two cars a week your working for minimum wage, unless they place your working for says otherwise.
[right][snapback]254029[/snapback][/right]

Might not be too bad...

And I know how dealerships work... I just wish I didn't botch my interview (Had things come up, and couldn't make it) with Prestige Motors, because they pay $1000/wk plus commissions.