FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
question 1
Does anyone elses hood shake and flop around when driving over 80km/h, its really wierd and noticed it for awhile im thinking of fixing the alignment of the hood to see if i can get rid of that!

question 2
My driver seat is f@#&d its like leaning back on one side, so that my shifting arm is leaning so far back that im essentially facing the passenger, I'll post pics if u wanna see the most ridiculous thing ever... So anyways i pulled the seat right out of the car to see if i could fix it or something. Well took off the cover and found that i didnt have to and that the bushing where the seat adjusts to tilt back and forward is split ridiculously. Went to Ford and they want like 250 + tax to replace the whole back rest. And im not really in the mood to make a bushing on the bridgeport, so does anyone have a bushing that would replace or have aftermarket seats you wanna sell me. I cant deal with it anymore, its starting to hurt my back...
1- there are two rubber height adjusters on each side of the hood, could that be low and causing it?

2- Did you try calling junk yards around to see how much the seats go for? you might get a seat for around 100,

Being a ZX5, you must have heated seats right? also do you have tan or grey int?
most yellow zx5s have the gray interior,

so yeah what mo said you can get a replacement seat from a scrap yard, it may or may not match with the fabric print, if you have the heated seats it will cost you a little more, and alot more for a leather one with the heated feature. On the plus side the wagon, sedan and ZX5 seats are all inner changeable.

with the hood thing, have you tried to chage the possitioning of the rubber risers? it might help out a little bit.
try http://www.northqueenauto.com ...a bit far maybe but i got side view mirrors from them.
thanks guys ill look into the risers but the seat is grey interior and ill make some calls this week to see what grey heated seats they have...i just cant picture myself buying an OEM seat for more than 100, id rather just go aftermarket in that case.