FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: 2002 Svt Focus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
so im buying a new car and its gona be a svt

i had plans on buying a fellow members car but i have to change plans.

i want to get a svt with 100k ish for $8000

there is a few cars on kijiji and the trader.

but my local ford dealer can get me a 2002 2door red svt with 115000km not cert for $7200
they say all it needs to cert is tires and brakes.

i think i could do the brakes for $300

and i just would have to get tires but that should put me in at abought $8000

but on the other hand there is a 5door svt on kijiji for 7990 cart and etested.

im all confused at what to do.

huh, you know they had a red 2 door SVT at my work about 2 months ago with 101 on it and they sold it for $5500
really
When I was looking two years ago they were going for $9000 at the dealership
If you want a truely nice SVT look in the states and bring up an EAP

HIDs and Recaro goodness!!!!
i went and looked at the car today its mint.

i should be picking it up early next week

mmmmm 6spd
Congrats, I have a feeling it might be my cusins old SVT what dealership is it at.
Jmountney1,Jan 21 2010, 06:07 PM Wrote:mmmmm 6spd
[right][snapback]299979[/snapback][/right]

It's not all that it's cracked up to be...only a 500RPM drop between 5th & 6th gear on the highway. They could've spaced it out better.
ZX3_2NV,Jan 22 2010, 02:02 PM Wrote:Congrats, I have a feeling it might be my cusins old SVT what dealership is it at.
[right][snapback]300000[/snapback][/right]

Lindsy.

don't tell me it had a hard life.
I know you're a big rally fan......don't hold your dreams back

There's wrx on autotrader going for around 9k......you WILL have more fun with it
NikiterZTS,Jan 23 2010, 06:18 PM Wrote:I know you're a big rally fan......don't hold your dreams back

There's wrx on autotrader going for around 9k......you WILL have more fun with it
[right][snapback]300051[/snapback][/right]

i looked at some wrs's and i couldn't find any nice ones for the price i wanted to pay.

pluse the astronomical insurance on a wrx for me due to some speeding tickets.

i am officially the owner a red 2002 svt focus as of tomorrow.

so i gess the wrx will have to wait a few more years...

Jmountney1,Jan 25 2010, 04:48 PM Wrote:
NikiterZTS,Jan 23 2010, 06:18 PM Wrote:I know you're a big rally fan......don't hold your dreams back

[right][snapback]300051[/snapback][/right]

i looked at some wrs's and i couldn't find any nice ones for the price i wanted to pay.

pluse the astronomical insurance on a wrx for me due to some speeding tickets.

i am officially the owner a red 2002 svt focus as of tomorrow.

so i gess the wrx will have to wait a few more years...
[right][snapback]300147[/snapback][/right]

Congrats anyway.

On a side note, my insuarence on '06 wrx is much cheapper then it was on '02 Focus......
Jmountney1,Jan 22 2010, 11:28 PM Wrote:
ZX3_2NV,Jan 22 2010, 02:02 PM Wrote:Congrats, I have a feeling it might be my cusins old SVT what dealership is it at.
[right][snapback]300000[/snapback][/right]

Lindsy.

don't tell me it had a hard life.
[right][snapback]300027[/snapback][/right]

He only had it for a few months and he treated it right im guessing ur picking it from Polito Ford
i got my ford dealer to buy it off Polito Ford.

is your cousins name ken? i found a receipt in the glove box for 4 toyo tires.

im happy with the car it feels fast to me..

(i know its got nutten on niks wrx lol)

also it has a full AEM intake. and i just put on some falkens tires.

in the spring im getting some pro lines. and some wheel spacers (maby just the back)
also i have a question for u guys any one with a svt in particular. what kind of power could a svt with intake and maby exhaust. and some kind of re flashed ecu.

lol AEM Intake yaa sounds like my cusins car but his name isn't ken lol and since you needed new tires im guessing the receit is really old or from somewhere else.
Jmountney1,Jan 26 2010, 06:04 PM Wrote:also i have a question for u guys any one with a svt in particular.    what kind of power could a svt with intake and maby exhaust. and some kind of re flashed ecu.
[right][snapback]300238[/snapback][/right]

135-150whp

start doing suspension bushing on that car......it's great on handeling
Jmountney1,Jan 26 2010, 07:04 PM Wrote:also i have a question for u guys any one with a svt in particular.    what kind of power could a svt with intake and maby exhaust. and some kind of re flashed ecu.
[right][snapback]300238[/snapback][/right]
Well they say the SVTF has 170hp at the crank and 145 lb-ft . This translates in about 145 hp and 123 lb-ft at the wheels . I have the Diablo Predator tune and my last year's Steeda dyno results where 146.2 hp @ 5825rpm and 158 lb-ft @ 2838 rpm at the wheels . So based on this , the gain was 1 huge HP :lol: and 35 lb-ft . Results could vary with different tunes and different dynos .
o dont think ill be doing that them lol.

my first impressions on the svt are grate. i love the power it has over the zx3.

only one question dose ur svt sowed sorta like a subaru over 4000rpm lol
Jmountney1,Jan 29 2010, 10:39 AM Wrote:o dont think ill be doing that them lol.

only one question dose ur svt sowed sorta like a subaru over 4000rpm lol
[right][snapback]300400[/snapback][/right]