FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Thinking Of Selling My Focus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am thinking of selling my 2000 focus se. It has 250,000 km with new brakes new tires and comes with 17" icon rims and a few other accesories. What should I set the price at?
blue_light,Nov 28 2007, 08:28 AM Wrote:I am thinking of selling my 2000 focus se. It has 250,000 km with new brakes new tires and comes with 17" icon rims and a few other accesories. What should I set the price at?
[right][snapback]253668[/snapback][/right]

250K HOLY CRAP!!!
2gs and you'll be lucky to get that
What engine do you have? SPI or Zetec?

Either way, i was going to say 1500 to 2000, plus add 500 for the rims.

So anywhere around 2000 to 2500. Goodluck with the sale
depending on what options you have in your focus, plus the engine and tranny type, and all new parts in it, and the condition of the car max $3000 only if it's in show room condition, but it could be sold for as little as $300.
defiantely more details required, pics?
i sold my '00 ZX3 with 86000 km, 5spd manual, 2 sets of tires and mach HID lights in 2004 and at that time i got 4000 for it..

so yea.. i think 2-3k is about right. good luck.

it might be better for you to just keep it around as a beater car rather than selling it if it still runs well
naz,Nov 28 2007, 04:43 PM Wrote:i sold my '00 ZX3 with 86000 km, 5spd manual, 2 sets of tires and mach HID lights in 2004 and at that time i got 4000 for it..

so yea.. i think 2-3k is about right. good luck.

it might be better for you to just keep it around as a beater car rather than selling it if it still runs well
[right][snapback]253694[/snapback][/right]

wow mad cheap........i guess ur not in need of money :ph34r:
NikiterZTS,Nov 28 2007, 10:15 PM Wrote:wow mad cheap........i guess ur not in need of money :ph34r:
[right][snapback]253695[/snapback][/right]

didn't have too many options at the time.. was just out of school, moving into NYC area. didn't feel like paying 400/mo in parking for a car that i didnt like.. it was really really hard to sell a fwd, no AC, manual trans hatchback with 100whp.. and it didn't help that the 2000 MY focus had like a trillion recalls and everyone was avoiding that year.. i totally had to take a hit to sell that thing

naz,Nov 28 2007, 06:05 PM Wrote:
NikiterZTS,Nov 28 2007, 10:15 PM Wrote:wow mad cheap........i guess ur not in need of money :ph34r:
[right][snapback]253695[/snapback][/right]

didn't have too many options at the time.. was just out of school, moving into NYC area. didn't feel like paying 400/mo in parking for a car that i didnt like.. it was really really hard to sell a fwd, no AC, manual trans hatchback with 100whp.. and it didn't help that the 2000 MY focus had like a trillion recalls and everyone was avoiding that year.. i totally had to take a hit to sell that thing
[right][snapback]253699[/snapback][/right]

did you have a lot of promlems with the car itself though?
NikiterZTS,Nov 28 2007, 11:35 PM Wrote:did you have a lot of promlems with the car itself though?
[right][snapback]253701[/snapback][/right]

the lightly modded integra i got for $1400 to replace the focus was a better car (had AC and sunroof, was faster, i had more fun driving it, never left me stranded or went into the shop)
naz,Nov 28 2007, 07:37 PM Wrote:
NikiterZTS,Nov 28 2007, 11:35 PM Wrote:did you have a lot of promlems with the car itself though?
[right][snapback]253701[/snapback][/right]

the lightly modded integra i got for $1400 to replace the focus was a better car (had AC and sunroof, was faster, i had more fun driving it, never left me stranded or went into the shop)
[right][snapback]253706[/snapback][/right]

ouch...........my feelings are hurt......a little
NikiterZTS,Nov 29 2007, 01:26 AM Wrote:ouch...........my feeling are hurt......a little
[right][snapback]253712[/snapback][/right]

lol. yea it was worse for me when i realized how much $ i wasted!!! i don't know what i was thinking buying that thing brand new :lol: in 2000, cdn $15k would have gotten a gsr in pretty solid condition

thats the only pic i got so far of my car, I'v had it since new it has a spi motor in it now, I guess the car isn't worth anything maybe I will replace the motor and trany, If I do that I would like to place in a 2.0 zetec what needs the be done to do that if anybody knows, does the trany of the spi match the zetec motor.
blue_light,Nov 29 2007, 08:30 AM Wrote:thats the only pic i got so far of my car, I'v had it since new it has a spi motor in it now, I guess the car isn't worth anything maybe I will replace the motor and trany, If I do that I would like to place in a 2.0 zetec what needs the be done to do that if anybody knows, does the trany of the spi match the zetec motor.
[right][snapback]253737[/snapback][/right]

You'd need the ECU from the Zetec motor as well don't forget.

AFAIK yes the MTX-75 manual transmission is the same between the SPI & Zetec :unsure:

NefCanuck
yeah the 5 speeds are the same, but if your car was auto it would fetch a little more because it's auto...

honestly, I would not spend more money on the car if you don't plan on keeping it, more so as changing out the focus engine could run you up to $500 - $1000 just to do this and you'd not get that back.
just sell it for 2 grand and call it a day man.....
i vote for keep it around and drive it into the ground (ie put gas, oil and do minimal repairs as needed to keep it running)
^^if he does not want to buy another car to drive....
The car has been very reliable never been on a tow truck only major repairs was recals fuel pump, ignition, and rear door latches. Only problems I have had with the motor was the pcv hose was calapsed and i need to replace a baring in the crankshaft that runs the pully its a very annoying noise. Paint likes to fall off but I'v repainted and have been trying to prevent more of it falling off. Body is still in great condition I think I will keep it and replace the motor when needs to be won't cost me alot just parts lot of friends that know how to do that. I do need to know how to tighten the hand brake? cable is stretched
Pages: 1 2