FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: More Proof E-testing Is Teh Ghey
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Results from a 10 year old Focus, no tricks, regular gas, no oil change, cold engine and just about every N/A mod one could have:

@2000rpm

HC ppm: 2 (limit 68)
CO %: 0.00 (limit 0.38)
NO ppm: 3 (limit 526)

@idle

HC ppm: 2 (limit 150)
CO %: 0.00 (limit 0.70)
NO ppm: n/a (limit n/a)

CASH GRAB, has anyone EVER failed an e-test in a car less than 15 years old?????
Yes. Focus and Dynasty failed.
2001 ZTS,Jan 20 2010, 11:14 AM Wrote:Results from a 10 year old Focus, no tricks, regular gas, no oil change, cold engine and just about every N/A mod one could have:

@2000rpm

HC ppm:       2        (limit 68)
CO %:          0.00    (limit 0.38)
NO ppm:       3         (limit 526)

@idle

HC ppm:       2        (limit 150)
CO %:          0.00    (limit 0.70)
NO ppm:       n/a      (limit n/a)

CASH GRAB, has anyone EVER failed an e-test in a car less than 15 years old?????
[right][snapback]299861[/snapback][/right]

My results are always similar. Makes me smile every time.
meford4u,Jan 20 2010, 01:07 PM Wrote:Yes.  Focus and Dynasty failed.
[right][snapback]299865[/snapback][/right]

your focus was modded, and the dynasty -- well -- 'nuff said.

Chrome and a brick cellphone in your car have much less impact on the emissions than engine mods.

granted, with a decent tune, and emissions equipment intact, passing an e-test should be no issue either.

[edit]fixed 'intact' because it wasn't[/edit]
darkpuppet,Jan 20 2010, 12:23 PM Wrote:
meford4u,Jan 20 2010, 01:07 PM Wrote:Yes.  Focus and Dynasty failed.
[right][snapback]299865[/snapback][/right]

your focus was modded, and the dynasty -- well -- 'nuff said.

Chrome and a brick cellphone in your car have much less impact on the emissions than engine mods.

granted, with a decent tune, and emissions equipment intact, passing an e-test should be no issue either.

[edit]fixed 'intact' because it wasn't[/edit]
[right][snapback]299868[/snapback][/right]
The Dynasty has gone to a better place in the sky.
2001 ZTS,Jan 20 2010, 12:14 PM Wrote:CASH GRAB, has anyone EVER failed an e-test in a car less than 15 years old?????

Yes.
Flofocus,Jan 20 2010, 01:59 PM Wrote:
2001 ZTS,Jan 20 2010, 12:14 PM Wrote:CASH GRAB, has anyone EVER failed an e-test in a car less than 15 years old?????

Yes.
[right][snapback]299871[/snapback][/right]

almost everybody I know that had a aftermarket boosted car has required some finess to pass etest.
hardk0re,Jan 20 2010, 01:21 PM Wrote:
Flofocus,Jan 20 2010, 01:59 PM Wrote:

Yes.
[right][snapback]299871[/snapback][/right]

almost everybody I know that had a aftermarket boosted car has required some finess to pass etest.
[right][snapback]299873[/snapback][/right]

OK, I will qualify that: "has anyone who hasn't knowingly done something to their car that they knew was questionable failed in a car <15yo?"

When DriveClean came out it was to get rid of all the beaters and now that they are for the most part gone the only premise left is to catch the ones who have "knowingly done something to their car that they knew was questionable" and regular people like me and remaining 99.9% of the population are stuck with something that amounts to nothing more than yet another tax.
hardk0re,Jan 20 2010, 02:21 PM Wrote:almost everybody I know that had a aftermarket boosted car has required some finess to pass etest.

I have to be honest -- in this day and age that shouldn't be the case.

There's really no need to fail if you have a boosted car with the emissions equipment still intact (not burnt, or fouled up). At the loads that the etest is done at, the car should be off boost, and safely in closed loop -- meaning running pretty much stock.
E-test IS 100% BS,

Passed 2 times in a row, No Cat installed.
darkpuppet,Jan 20 2010, 04:19 PM Wrote:
hardk0re,Jan 20 2010, 02:21 PM Wrote:almost everybody I know that had a aftermarket boosted car has required some finess to pass etest.

I have to be honest -- in this day and age that shouldn't be the case.

There's really no need to fail if you have a boosted car with the emissions equipment still intact (not burnt, or fouled up). At the loads that the etest is done at, the car should be off boost, and safely in closed loop -- meaning running pretty much stock.
[right][snapback]299891[/snapback][/right]

I have passed 3 times on first tries boosted with after-market cat (but with all other emission equip intact.)
my TDI is the best, guy doesnt even get up to look at the car, it just grabs the money and passes it. Rules are made for all cars, but since diesels produce different types of emisison, only requirement is that car doesn't produce black smoke. My last test results for all the above data was NA......cash grab for sure!
My old Scirocco passed with a bigger engine (went from 1.8 to 2.0), ported head, big cam, no cat, and lot's of other tweaks. It was 20 years old at the time, haha.

Cash grab for sure!

-George
2001 ZTS,Jan 20 2010, 02:24 PM Wrote:...regular people like me and remaining 99.9% of the population are stuck with something that amounts to nothing more than yet another tax.
[right][snapback]299880[/snapback][/right]
Yyyyepp.
Anybody pass with a header and no cat?
tetra,Jan 27 2010, 04:48 PM Wrote:Anybody pass with a header and no cat?
[right][snapback]300327[/snapback][/right]
Yes I have a Shorty and a Straight pipe.
Nice, good to know!
I dont know how on earth anybody would pass without a cat on.